Rain - How is it working out for you?

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by smashdn, Oct 27, 2015.

1. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Haven't checked on my hole since it started raining but I got to think it is helping. I had zero water as of last week down in the woods and probably needed to raise the upper pond 6+ inches before it will start to flow down in there. Supposed to get 1.6" today. Had .3" yesterday.

Blind on public had some water, enough to hunt, but just barely. Was forecasted to get 1.7" today. That will probably be enough to raise that spot a fair amount.

Anybody else really benefitting from the rain this week?

2. da fowl slayer

da fowl slayer Elite Refuge Member

Cypress Bend has gotten 1.5 in past 72 hrs Miss Hatchie little less its received .75

Both looked like the desert prior

Now to help we would need a flash flood but I'm not complaining

Nice start
    Also calling for more sat-mon timeframe

3. Greekangler

Greekangler Senior Refuge Member

Insane here- got 6 inches my place up north- 16+ inches in 48 hours south of dallas at my bigger lake

4. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

1.75 so far down my way. The wheat fields sure needed it. Seasonal stream has yet to even show a trickle. I'll take anything we can get. Nearby WMA is level is determined by KY Lake level early on and the lake is bad low.

5. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Still waiting. Its got the sidewalks wet, but thats about it.

6. No-Tox

No-Tox Elite Refuge Member

Got 7"-8" in my wetlands that produced enough runoff to give us a good start for the opener in a couple of weekends (and possibly this weekend for youth if birds show up). Here's a pic from one of the blinds looking out over the duck groceries.
    [​IMG]

7. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

I only need 2 feet more, then I'm shi@@ing in tall cotton.

8. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

1/2" over the weekend and 4" for Monday and Tuesday. Going up to the hole this afternoon to see how much the water came up. We were bad low and need all we can get.

9. StrmChzr

StrmChzr Senior Refuge Member

Rain.... Been so dry this fall in eastern KS that I'm worried about breaking my ankle trying to walk across cracked up ground.... Heard commentators at Baylor game in Waco last weekend say they had >10" of rain in 24 hours so God Bless Texas, but no love further north in Sunflower State......It's time to dig deep into the duck hunters box of tricks and summon the ole rain clouds w/ the ancient art of rain dancing.... Who's with me? Redonhead, you're part Comanche aren't you?????

10. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Mesonet site says 2.29" over the last two days. Took time yesterday to head to the woods and see what I could see. Water was down in the woods but nowhere near huntable. Water only came up in the pond 1-2" at best. Still 8-10" to go before it starts flowing down in the woods. It normally takes a shore enough flash flood to get water down there until late winter when the ground is just full of water. After things are as wet as they can get a small stream will flow into it constantly.

I need one of them 3000gpm wells dug I guess.