Random Question:

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by ak_powder_monkey, Mar 30, 2007.

1. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Senior Refuge Member

I think it would accomplish very little except it might make anti gun rights people feel safer. You guys bring ups some good points once you got over yelling thanks! I'm just trying to educate myself.

2. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Glad to help with your education! I try to keep the guys from yelling but sometimes they get carried away!

David

3. GregorMac

GregorMac Senior Refuge Member

Anti-gun people don't want to feel safer; they want our guns. Period. End of story. This whole "safety" thing that they push is a sham. Just like firearms education is a sham with them; NRA offered them FREE OF CHARGE the highly successful Eddie Eagle program and they turned it down flat. They don't want "common sense" gun control. They are using that as a first step, because they KNOW that they can't get the whole ban passed in one fell swoop. Little by little, they seek to erode our rights, and their protections, one by one.

And to the guy who said that the 2nd Amendment GIVES us the right to keep and bear arms, it doesn't. The 2nd Amendment GUARANTEES the right we already have to keep and bear arms, as self-determinate people. It's splitting hairs, I know, but I think it is important to note. (And I've had a little tequila:sp )

4. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Umm, the constitutional argument against it DOES make sense. A well regulated militia and the right to keep/bear arms are seperate thoughts there.

Firearms ownership is a RIGHT. Driving a car on the highway is a privelege, hence you need a license and test. Now, carrying that firearm on the public streets, etc. of a given state or locality would put it in the realm of 'privelege', (to many gov't entities' ways of thinking, not mine) and that's where you get the CCW permit.:)

5. The Croc

The Croc Senior Refuge Member

Guys
    This idea is how the UK started on the slippery slope (among other reasons)
    when I started shooting back in the 80s, I walked into my local Post Office and paid ?2.50 filled in a form with my name and address on it, took it to my Local Police station and handed it in, they sent me a back a licence in a couple of days Job done.

NOW....... fill in a much bigger form get it countersigned by someone in a recognised proffesion, Vicar Lawyer Doctor etc. home visit by Police then up to 8 weeks before your ticket arrives, (renewed every 5 years) now costs ?40 for renewal.

.Brian

6. Spanky03

Spanky03 Elite Refuge Member

You give them a inch, they will try to take yard. This battle is like a football game. Evertime the antis get away with something, they use to get further or to try to push different type of legislation. As a gun owner, you have to fight to keep every little bit. Do I personally need a .50 cal sniper rifle? No, but there are others that enjoy them. If you give up that type of rifle, they will try to put others into that catagory, just to try to get them all.

Being from Illinois we have to have a FOID card, it cost $5.00 for 5 years. No big deal, but every year they try to change it. One time they even tried to make it $500.oo for one year at a time. It is against the Constitution, but we have not been able to do anything about. The only thing we can do now is to not let it escilate. it might have prevented some people from getting their hands on firearms, but, and you can't say this enough, "criminals don't buy firearms through legal channels"