Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Rat Bastar....

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by jfe, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Bamawebfoot

Bamawebfoot Moderator Moderator

Tennessee River and the Mississippi Delta
    This thread has a life of it's own. :tu

Yes, JFE got a raw deal from the shot callers around here:mad:

2. Rick618

Rick618 Elite Refuge Member

It may be on the chopping block. All threads that are over two years old...to go. Started back in Feb of '05. And your post count will likely decrease too.

Issue #2.. Our database is rather large due to the fact that we have almost 5.4 million posts here at the Refuge Forums. Some posts go back over 4 years. Most of those posts are never read.

When the database is large such as ours, it causes poor server performance. Most of us in this world today (including myself) no longer want to wait 10 seconds for a page to load. In order for me to maintain a server performance level that pleases our members, it will be necessary to prune old posts. Posts that are over 2 years old will be removed. I think that maintaining posts that are two years old and newer should work for our members.

On the main page:
    http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=583490

3. Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen Elite Refuge Member

I shoot mine with a 22 rifle
    yep .......I leave the back door open
    when they run across the porch
    they see me and jump in the yard
    I wait a few seconds and then reach down,
    take a swiggggg of ol mil to calm my nerves,
    wet my thumb and touch the top of the sight,
    lean across the couch with the barrell pointed his/her way
    yep......... there that little sucker is
    doing his "MO" imitation(hands on each side of his head
    with his ears and eyeballs in between) and
    SAP......RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES
    :dv :dv :dv :dv

4. d_white

d_white Senior Refuge Member

Ya'll reckon this cooler weather has gotten any rats into JFEs house??

I just couldn't help it.

5. DUCKN8R

DUCKN8R Elite Refuge Member

made one come to my loundry room 2 weeks ago,,seen him on night,,,,set out the snappers next mornin....caught him that night:tu

6. Rick618

It's that time of year but the JFE account was banned. Something to do with some pics or a link, something.

I've not seen any around. Just the resident tree rats, that I trap and take to parts unknown, hope the homeless guys under the overpass appreciate the surprise.

7. Swamp Hen

LUNCH----LESS FILLING:dv

8. Rick618

Well, so it goes. I was informed by the office assistant that she had seen something staring at her when she went to the bathroom. Seeing her scrunch up her face to imitate a rat doing a Killroy-was-here impersonation at least told me it wasn't the wierdo neighbor. I guess this last week cold snap brought some vermin around to search for winter shelter.

I reached in the back of the desk drawer and found the Victors. One still had the welded razor blade intact. Some dark stains from previous victims and a greenish patina to the bait tab nothing more that a proven veteran should sport.

There is a garden tub that has a panel that drops down in the front, it was when the panel was down that she saw the beady eyes peaking over the top of the panel.

Peanut butter was placed one both traps and I waited till I was near where I was going to place them before setting. There is that "feeling" when dealing with that extra sharp and tampered with trap, extra cautious is what it makes you. That one didn't go off before I could slide it in place but the other one did, slinging the pb into the tub and startling Crystal. That was too much for her so she bailed. I placed a trap to the right and one to the left, the one on the right being nearer the hole where the drain goes through the floor and the one most likely to see some action but not the one with the blade as there is a dog inside that I didn't want to nose around and possibly get to the traps. The other is blocked by some pipes.

A day goes by and I asked if she had checked the traps? **** No! was the reply, so I head in to see what I could see. Drop the panel and flash the light, the trap to the left is intact and not tripped. The one on the right.....it's missing. It's maybe a foot from the edge where the trap was placed to the hole where the drain pipe goes down but not since AR and the shop have I lost a trap. Decide to check under the house since the crawl space access is near the bathroom.

What do I see? One dead rat, mashed about mid-body. I guess he, oh yeah it was a boy, squirrel sized on a much smaller frame, was able to make a few kicks and fall down through the hole before his time was up. Fished him out and grabbed a snap on the camera for old times sake.

[​IMG]

9. DUCKN8R

DUCKN8R Elite Refuge Member

awsome!!!!!!!!:tu

10. Swamp Hen

U R THE MAN:bow