Rated the best opening weekend for me in a long time !! Heavy pics..

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by mark seaters, Oct 22, 2017.

1. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Not by the amount of birds but rated by the company that I was with both days..

It started with a post here that I would trade I honker hunt on sunday for a invite on sat, since I was unattached for the opener.

Well it shows how great this site is as I got a shout out from cagwp aka Brad, he too had no partner and had a number one at one of the very over rated refuges that we will call "****lebur farms" Or the way it turned out.."spoonville" as it seems that was top bird.

Seems they opened enough blinds that his son Gavin that is 6 years old can join us... Hell ya !!!! I was loving this..

We had a great time in the swamps... spent to much time bird watching before the flight ended with us strapping 10 birds, 4 mallards, 4 wood ducks and 2 sprig. But the time in the blind with a young man that already has the love of the sport, thanks to his dad was well worth it!!

Today... well I did not hold up my end of the deal to well as the birds just were not on the honker pond and I got no idea where they were.. We ended with 1 mallard and since we turned Gavin loose on every squirrel and tweety bird on the ranch, Brad is going to have to pick up some more bb's...
    A young man running around on a cow ranch with mud and water and cridders... oh ya !!

Sorry guys it did not work out on my end and you have a standing open invite when they do show up !!

Thank you so much for more great memories, it was really a great time !
    Brad you are a hell of a guy and I bow to you for your skills of teaching Gavin what our love of this sport is all about !
    Thank you again !!!

Note...if you can't smile looking at all the smiles in these pics... something is wrong with you !!! LOL

Saturday..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Cont...

Sunday..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Priceless memories between a boy and his dad. Cool that you were there to be a part of it.

4. CADUCKWHACKER

CADUCKWHACKER Senior Refuge Member

Awesome pics !!!
    Honestly that’s why most of us hunt

5. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

I'm more than happy to seen awesome pics of "tomorrow's" hunters, stand up congrats.

6. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Great write up and photos!!! Outstanding job, Mark.

7. cagwp

cagwp Senior Refuge Member

Gavin and I had a great weekend sharing the blind with Mark. I was able to take my first wood duck, first time hunting on an opener, first time at that ****lebur refuge, first time hunting with Mark, and many firsts for my son. Gavin is already asking when we can do it again. Seeing those woodys drop down into the hole is something I will remember forever. Mark loaded gavin up with a call, lanyard, bird strap, and hat, thankfully because I forgot to have him bring his from home.
    Thank you Mark, Gavin and I had a blast kicking off the season with you.
    Brad
    This was the boat ride after today's hunt, even though the birds didn't cooperate we had a great day in the out doors.
    20171022_105643.jpg
    20171021_091754.jpg Here's Mark with bird boy in tow.
    Looking forward to many more days in the field this season.

8. OGblackcloud

OGblackcloud Elite Refuge Member

What its all about . Well done guys

9. deltahunter

deltahunter Senior Refuge Member