RBC - Replica Decoys - Don't waste your money

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by GMgadgetgeek, Sep 30, 2017.

1. GMgadgetgeek

GMgadgetgeek New Member

Last year I bought 18 Replica's and was really excited by their realism and the way birds responded to them. Unfortunately when I opened my trailer before the nuisance season I found that 7 of my 15 feeders were split open.

IMG_1225.JPG IMG_2986.JPG IMG_2986.JPG IMG_2987.JPG IMG_2992.JPG

My hunting partner reached out to Cory at RBC - his response was that we shouldn't have left them on the stands and if we send them back to him, he will try to repair them. The cost of sending them back was cost prohibitive. $344 to send back four of them. Of course if you look at their website there is nothing to indicate that you shouldn't leave them on the stands and there is no disclosure. Very disappointing, i had planned to order another 18 after last season, now not only will I never order another one, but I'll tell everyone I know not to order them.

2. gold10

gold10 Senior Refuge Member

I have a couple dozen that I've had two years now. I was doing a preseason work over of my gear and found that four had split open around and under the tail area where the material was thin. Another had a crack on the bottom side of the head where it was thin. I repaired the head using expandable foam. I used jb weld on the others and then painted over the repair. I know it sucks having spent what you did on those and then have that happen but I bet jb weld would fix your damage and get them workable again.

3. gwdecoys

gwdecoys Elite Refuge Member

4. gwdecoys

gwdecoys Elite Refuge Member

perhaps better ventilation? Plastic is what it is!:amen

Billy Bob likes this.
  5. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

I left a few DSD lessers out in hot garage and they did the same thing. I have a 4 bedroom house now and 1 bedroom is strictly for my goose decoys

Billy Bob likes this.
  6. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Looks like damage from getting too hot in your trailer to me.

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Yup

Fiberglass patch, on the inside, with JB. Fixed, 30 minutes, stronger than new