1. egadwall

egadwall Elite Refuge Member

I've been on the refuge forum back into the early 2000s, but taking a job in Asia for a couple years, moving from one place to another after coming back to the US, and giving my decoys and boat to kids who could use them when I couldn't ... well, I've been away for a lot of time.

I've duck hunted (and lived) in Kansas, Nebraska and Colorado in the 80s, Minnesota in the 90s and and early 00s, and tried a bit (with little satisfaction) in Wisconsin later in the 00s.

Moved back to Nebraska and am looking to get back into it this fall, at least on a limited basis, with my son-in-law who has never hunted ducks. My sons (hunting partners for most of the time in MN) are still in MN, and the Brittanies, American water spaniel, and Wirehaired Pointing Griffon that were my companions have all passed on.

If you see an older dude hunting by himself in a spot where he can walk in and not have to worry about the ducks falling where he can't retrieve them, or with a 20-something pretty good kid, wave and come on over for a cup of coffee. I'll take the ducks on the right, you take the ducks on the left, if they come in during the coffee break!

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard. Great re-intro. As ya surf around you'll likely see some familiar handles.

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome back!