RE: Pride Month

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

I noticed a Pride commercial on TV that made me want to vommit. Not 100% sure that I remember who the sponsor was, so I won't bash them for it here.

Then, another group of forums that I frequent changed their background color scheme to rainbow colors. I didn't put 2 and 2 together, until another member outright asked what the color change was about. A forum moderator said it was to honor Pride month. Then the next time I visited the forum they had a Happy Pride!!! banner across the top of the page.

In neither the tv commercial, nor the internet forum acknowledgement, was there any verbal reference to gay or lgbt. They just encouraged everyone to celebrate their Pride. Very subversive, imho. They want it to seem so common, and normal. It's intentional branding of a positive word, which they want the whole world to associate with their movement.

It's Sodom and Gomorrah in a rainbow basket.

2. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

You know, the Lord wants us to love one another and I think we can do that. However, I don't believe we need to celebrate the things that we believe go against our values like what you are noting above. Being gay isn't a sin, acting upon it is. We can show love and kindness and respect to gay people without having a celebration every other month, and without condoning any choices they make towards acting upon their homosexuality.

Susky Ducker likes this.
  3. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

1 Corinthians 6:18
    Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
    2 Corinthians 5:10
    For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

I do agree with sdkidaho we are to love one another. Knowing this Paul wrote to the Corinthian churches as well. We would do well to warn our brothers and sisters in Christ to do the same. Loving your own means telling them things they may not want to hear but need to hear.