Real Russia Interference

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Tuck31, Mar 4, 2018.

1. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

I don't believe it would be made public if they were. However, dealing with internet security every day, I can guarantee that we're not focusing on election data security enough.

stevena198301 likes this.
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

We should seriously consider slowing down the process, back to a non-networked system. Yes, it could still be hacked, but as it stands, if it isn’t insanely encrypted (and I doubt it is), it’s vulnerable from anywhere on the planet.

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  3. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I worry more about the democrats tampering 'more than the Russians. Dems don't want the American public to know how many dead, illegals or duplicate votes come in. I wish someone would attempt to fix the fraud with requiring an I'd that could be validated or biometrics scan to ensure only legal live bodies can vote and only once and not cast votes in multiple states.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  4. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

@fowlwhacker you read to many FB posts, or internet blogs, or wherever that thought process comes from.

5. The_Duck_Master

Given the degree to which election reporting takes place between backwater precincts and backwater counties in backwater states all on one night on networked PCs all over the country there is no way it's secure from hacking.

6. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

I miss the simpler days when the biggest problems where hanging chads

7. stevena198301

We have the encryption means. We have in-line hardware encryptors. It could be set up like our other encrypted networks. I just doubt that is being done. I’d love to be proven wrong on that. Results from some places is prolly being sent over the clerks GMail account.

8. The_Duck_Master

And you have tens of thousands of untrained folks at precincts reporting to thousands of county election offices staffed by gray haired old ladies that barely know how to print. I doubt "100's of millions" would cover the cost of an encrypted network to handle that.

stevena198301 likes this.
  9. stevena198301

Never said it’d be cheap, brotha... Maybe we should become contractors for that gig? I bet we could sell it to the USG. Even make them furnish the equipment as GFE. We could make some BANK!

10. The_Duck_Master

I HATE the part of my job dealing with security. It wouldn't be worth the money to me no matter how much.

I have little faith that recent elections haven't been hacked or that we'd hear if they were (or that it would even be discovered). Talk about a constitutional crisis!