Recipes for geese

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Buckmark311, Nov 3, 2003.

1. bigmeats

bigmeats Senior Refuge Member

one of my favorite ways is to use italian dressing, 1 cup brown sugar. marinate cubed size portions over night, stick on a skewer and wrap tight with smoked thick cut bacon and grill...........to die for!!! I also use that on deer meat. Most people that try it cant believe its deer!

2. CuppedAndComitted

CuppedAndComitted Elite Refuge Member

That sounds simple enough for me...Ill have to try that. So how much Italian do you mix with the brown sugar?

Thanks

3. Lumpy223

Lumpy223 Refuge Member

Try this recipe.............

Cut your goose meat into bite size chunks, about 1"x1". Take a jalapeno pepper ring and place it on each piece of meat, then wrap each piece in bacon. Place these on a skewer.

Lay the skewers in a baking dish and cover with lemon pepper marinade. We also add in leftover jalapeno juice if it is available. Refrigerate overnite.

The next day cook these on a grill over low heat while continuing to baste them with the lemon pepper marinade. Dont overcook. You will be rewarded with grub fit for a King.

We cook all our ducks and geese this way and it is delicious. Be forewarned, if you eat to much of it though, it will light your butt on fire the next day.

4. bigmeats

I would say about 2/3rds of the bottle for a cup of brown sugar.

Sams club has some good bacon. Nice and think!

5. Spencer5100

Spencer5100 Elite Refuge Member

Dude your makin me hungry:eek:

6. weatherby

weatherby Moderator Moderator

I've used 1 can coke and equal amount of italian dressing lately

7. WingshooterMN

WingshooterMN Elite Refuge Member

2 days? Dang that's a long time to wait. Going to have to try the jalepeno ideas. :D

My usual
    1. Cut up the breast in chunks
    2. Put a slice of water chestnut on top (optional)
    3. Wrap in bacon
    4. Marinate in 'KC Masterpiece Teriyaki with Sesame' 30-60 min
    5. Grill em

You can be eating them in 45 min...

8. CuppedAndComitted

CuppedAndComitted Elite Refuge Member

Thanks man! I tried your recipe after I got some fresh honkers this weekend and they were dam good!
    [​IMG]

9. bigmeats

Not a problem. I am glad you enjoyed. We went to my buddieds today and he made the same thing for us, boy were they good!!!!!!!:tu :tu :tu :tu

10. Mike Ford

Mike Ford Refuge Member

One cleaned plucked goose. No seasoning smoked with apple wood or your wood of choice for about 10 to 12 hours 200 degrees( I refill my smoke box 3 times). The water pan below this will be filled up with fat so make sure your goose is centered so you don't have a mess .I use the pop up turkey timers for geese to tell when it's done. You can eat it hot or cold. Everybody that has tried this so far has liked it. Brought 2 into work and I didn't even get a piece. Even the ones that would not normally eat any wild game. I do the ducks the same way with the same results. It does taste somewhat like beef. Don't eat the skin but leave it on till your ready to eat it keeps the meat from drying out.

Mike