Recipes for geese

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Buckmark311, Nov 3, 2003.

1. wildfowlhunting

wildfowlhunting Senior Refuge Member

Please don't get me wrong or anyone else who has stated "wrap it in bacon". I don't intend to "hide or mask" the flavor of the goose but rather compliment it. The flavor of the goose is still prominent and very wonderful with this receipe. :)

2. JohnDeeregreen

JohnDeeregreen Senior Refuge Member

One of the best ways I have found to cook ducks or geese is to take the breasts and slice them lenghtwise in thin strips marinate overnight in a mixture of soy sauce and italian dressing take the marinated pieces wrap them around a jalpeno slice or a water chestnut then wrap that in a piece of bacon and stick a toothpick through the whole thing grill on a medium heat fire, watch for flare ups from the bacon. Eat and enjoy.

3. quackmaster4

quackmaster4 Elite Refuge Member

I have a good recipe for goose stew. PM me if you want it:) .

4. Lorne

Lorne Senior Refuge Member

well i try to do something different everytime i cook goose, which is ALOT. lol

Goose breast
    Monterey jack cheese
    Mushrooms
    Onions,
    2 cloves of garlic
    oil,butter
    bacon strips
    salt peeper, seasoning salt

Take out some goose breasts and let them thaw

then i sprinkled with garlic slat, pepper, seasiong salt and beat the living hell out of them with a meat mallet.(i always beat them no matter how i cook them) to 1 get the seasoning into the meat and 2 to tenderize it

then i got a slit into the breast the whole length of the breast to form a pocket

Sautee(Sp?) up some mushrooms onions and garlic in butter and oil.
    Stuffed the mixture inside the breast with a big fat chunk of monteray and fold the pocket closed. warp in bacon , put in a pot with some water in the bottom to keep it moist and throw in the oven at 350 for 30-50 mins depnding on thickness of the breast.
    or you could just toss on the Que.

its awesome

DO NOT OVER COOK. TAKE OUT OF THE OVEN RARE AND LET SIT, in a few minutes it will be medium rare and thats how you want wild game to be cooked. i find alot of ppl that cook wild game of any sorts but especially geese over cook then complain about how tough and gamey it tastes. WIld game is meant to be cooked rare or medium at best. Thats it thats all.

5. wildfowlhunting

wildfowlhunting Senior Refuge Member

Sounds like a great reciepe Lorne! Many of my clients ask for goose reciepe's after a hunt, and I will print off this one and others from this string to give to them.

6. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

You guys can say all you want about goose tasting nasty, to me its the best game meat out there... for me cut the breast into strip, smack it flat, roll her in flour and shoot for the....fry daddy!;)
    Just put on my first attemp of jerky awhile ago can smell the liquid smoke all thru the house!!! Might turn out nasty, but the guys in the pit next week, won't ****** :D
    Gander<~~~ they ever quit making Ketchup then that will be the end of my duck eating :eek: :D

7. Honkerdn

Honkerdn Refuge Member

Yesterday I made Boiled Goose Pot Pie it was very tasty,
    Boiled the goose breast in slow cooker all day, added some potatoes celery and onion along with some bowtie noodles and presto potpie.

Also like to make like a pot roast with french onion soup potatoes,carrotts, onion .

Once ended up with large amount of geese due to hunting partners not wanting them so took them to butcher shop after cleaning and had them turned into smoked goose sausage.

Lastly ground some up and mixed with manwitch for slopply goose sandwitches...

8. Allan Kapp

Allan Kapp Guest

Preperation help's to keep the meat tender!!!
    Take goose breast sliced every 3/4 " against the grain of the meat
    soaked in salt water for at least one Hr. Freeze to cook later or right away.

Marinate breasts in pepper, season salt,and garlic powder.
    Add one diced whole green pepper, 1/2 diced onion, 1 diced
    Jalepeno pepper,Dash of worchestershire and you're favorite
    bottle of BBQ. Slow cook in crock pot for 3-4 hrs.

Optional 6 oz. of beer in the cooking process.
    If you like it hot add one more jalepeno and 1/8 of a bottle of
    macilhenys tobasco sauce.

Serve with cubed buttered potatoes, and favorite veggie.
    :D

9. CopenKlayton

CopenKlayton Senior Refuge Member

as a college student i dont have any money so me and my friends just marinade the sliced brests in A1, tabasco, and any seasoning that we can get from the dinning halls at school. After we marinade them in the mini-fridge for a few day we slap the strips on the George Forman and thats dinner on the weekends. Everyone that lives on the floor bitches about the smell, but after they tast it they shut up pritty quick. With duck we do the same thing unless we get the birds cleaned when they are still warm. If this is the case we just cook the warm meat with no seasoning and just add the little salt to each bite. I only recomend this with fresh migrating Green Heads:) and fresh is like only hours!

10. Goochman

Goochman Senior Refuge Member

Give them to the local bar!!!!