Recipes for geese

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Buckmark311, Nov 3, 2003.

1. chuckwheat

chuckwheat Elite Refuge Member

Here's my current favorite. 2 goose breasts, 1 can coke or pepsi, and 1 can of cream soup (mushroom, chicken, celery, etc) Put in roaster or nesco cooker or crock pot at about 400 for 2 to 3 hours. After about 90 minutes, take breasts out, slice them up and cook for the remaining time.

2. CopenKlayton

CopenKlayton Senior Refuge Member

tealtamer and fouledup i made that chilli today and it was awsome. thanks for sharing that with all of us.
    Cope

3. Poke 'Em

Poke 'Em Elite Refuge Member

Marinade goose legs in milk 48 hours. Take them out and coat them in seasoned flour. Pan fry them

They're tough to eat because of all the tendons, but the meat's tender, and they sure do taste good!

4. badhabit

badhabit Elite Refuge Member

Here's one I did Friday night. cut 1 goose breast (2 halves) into 1" chunks. Marinaded them in Speedies marinade for 8 hrs. Stirring about every 2 hrs and puncturing the chunks with a fork multiple times. I then kabobed them, with whole mushroom, pineapple, greenpepper, onion and shrimp. I then cooked them on the bbq, (big green egg) I use only lump charcol at 300 degrees for about 5-6 minutes a side. It was the best goose and most tender I've ever had. Goose kabobs...

5. LUCKYDUCK

LUCKYDUCK Guest

Slice breast against grain very thin, no more than 1/8 inch if possible. Marinate in teriyaki sauce and thread on bamboo skewers soaked in water first for 30 minutes. You can thread several slices per skewer.Throw the skewered goose on the grill for about 1-2 minutes per side. Eat 'em hot right off the sticks-great appetizer.

6. poolarbear

poolarbear Refuge Member

Here's one the outdoor writer told my buddy and I about a couple years ago, and it's a regular ritual during early season. Slice breasts about a 1/4" thick (like stir-fry strips). Put strips in a ziplock overnight with enough orange juice to soak-em in. The next day cook on the grill about 30 seconds a side. They're even great cold as a snack, but they never seem to last that long. :) :cool:

7. nuhog

nuhog Refuge Member Sponsor

When we go to Canada to conserve space on the way home we make it into sausage. It is like a summer sausage with garlic. Last year we brought back 300 lbs and it was gone in 2 months. Its a lot better than having 50 freezer burned unidentifyable carcasses in the freezer. It makes cleaning easier too. If anyone cares I could get the recipe.

8. gunner 22

gunner 22 Refuge Member

breast the goose out, cut bacon in half wrap bacon around chucks of goose meat put tooth pick in it so bacon stays on, grill for 5 minutes when these are done take tooth pick out throw away the meat and bacon and eat the tooth pick

9. del bay mudder

del bay mudder Refuge Member

smoked goose . 12-18 half breast will fill smoker completely.soak in marinate for 1-2 days,in frig. 2 cans applle juice 80-90 ozs. 2tbs. black pepper. 1tbs. worcestershire 1tbs onion powder. 1tbs. garlic powder. 1tbs. hickory smoke. 1&1/4 cup molases. 3/4 cup brown sugar 1tbs.cinn. 5-6 soaked hickory chips in base of smoker. keep breast 1/2 inch or more apart so you get even heat. smoke 1 1/2 to 2 hours, do not over cook leave center of breast pink slice thin and serve.:sp

10. WetlandsGirl

WetlandsGirl New Member

Putting a 100 honkers in the freezer a year, my family has to come up with some new recipies. This is what my grandma does and has people begging for more......

Soak the breasts in equal parts soy sauce and honey for 2-3 days in the fridge and then put them in the smoker. You will not believe how good this is! We just slice and eat as is or with cheese and crackers. We call it "smoked goose boob". I hope you all enjoy.........WetlandsGirl :)