Recommendations on robot vacuums

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Rochester hunter, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Rochester hunter

Rochester hunter New Member

Well, I'm looking to surprise the wife with a robotic vacuum cleaner, problem is that I know nothing about them. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Would like to stay under 300 dollars and my house is hard floors only, no carpet at all. Thanks

2. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

We had a Roomba, was ok. It broke, twice. We now have a Deebot. So far so good, about 6 months.

If you have a pet that has solid accidents in the house, do not let the robot and pet be together unsupervised....

3. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Senior Refuge Member

Roomba for us. Mix of hardwood and carpet, with tile in bathrooms. Also have two cats and a dog... Roomba does OK, but it’s more of a keep-it-manageable type of thing rather than totally eliminating the need to sweep/vacuum/mop.

Under $300 may be tough. I think you definitely get what you pay for with these things.

Rochester hunter likes this.
  4. cast&blast

cast&blast Elite Refuge Member

Totally agree with bigskyduk.

Rochester hunter likes this.
  5. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Why don't you vacuum? She'd probably get a bigger delight out of that.

GK1 likes this.
  6. Rochester hunter

You're probably right but that's not gonna happen.

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I just got an Eufy for Christmas from my Son. Dont know how much it costs, dont need to know, but love this new addition to my household. It’s always on time starting it’s work is thorough, get respect from the dog.It has brought back the great American work ethic,ha. It never complains, doesn’t want a raise after working for 2 weeks. Eufy works his/her little arse off of me and nicely reminds me when it needs emptying of all the dog hair and dust it picks up for me. They give you extra brushes for when they wear themselves out. Easy to program and understand. I usually keep my bedroom closed to keep the dog out but opened it up just today and Eufie went right in and cleaned under the bed and everywhere. I walked in this evening and couldnt believe how clean the rug was. My place is clean every day and other than untangling it with crap I have on the floor or emptying it, it self works. Hmmmm, robot lawn mowers, leaf blowers, car washes?

8. take'm

take'm Elite Refuge Member

Women love vacuums for gifts! Kinda like rubber gloves and a sponge..:dv

9. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Recommendations for a good vacuum cleaner. This forum has hit a new low

callinfowl and GUNNERX2 like this.
  10. Rochester hunter

Well when you're getting a puppy trained, it never hurts to kiss the wifes butt a little.