Redirects

Discussion in 'Help & Tech Support Forum' started by Timber Hole, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

This site sucks. If this post gets me thrown out of here I'm to the point I don't really care. I constantly get redirects when logging in. I hear a lot of excuses from the admins but I don't have this problem with the other forums I use. Can't you solve this problem?

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

The redirects were awful a few months ago. So bad the site was unusable. The admins promised they were working on it, and as promised the redirects went away. Like you, I've starting getting them again in the last week. I'm sure it has something to do with advertising and the proprietary function of this site. The other forums you visit aren't for-profit. Damn I miss the old Refuge. Money ruins everything.

3. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

I get an occasional one from here but it isnt near as bad as it was. Im guessing its a constant struggle to keep up with the ads. I stopped going on shotgunworld because it was so bad. As a temporary solution if you load a desktop version there is no issues with redirects.

4. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Sorry, I never get them. I run opera and chrome browsers, and I do not get any redirects. Just running windows defender in the background, and nothing on my linux boxes. Perhaps you should run ccleaner and malwarebytes and see if that clears up your problem.

5. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Mine have been way better over the past two months. I've had two in the past two weeks but a few months back it was several a day. Like Duckslayer said, it was unusable. Much better now, for me anyways.

6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

It's not a malware issue. It's a site issue that the admins are aware of.

7. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

I only use my mobile device to come on the refuge. Like someone else mentioned, if I switch to desktop version it is better, but the mobile version is much cleaner and easier to use (when the redirects are under control).

JP likes this.
  8. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    I've never had a redirect here, not on my desktop running Windows/Firefox, nor my Android on chrome.

9. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

I've never had any either, running win10/firefox.

10. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

I only get them on my cell phone. If I turn off Java they quit but that causes problems on other web sites.