Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Reel Wings 360 airwing ?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by in2b8er, Sep 23, 2017.

1. in2b8er

in2b8er Refuge Member

New to the refuge and for the most part snow goose
    hunting. Been waterfowl hunting for 23 years now. (randywatson on mnfowl website)

Wondering if anyone has used these 360 airwings and your experience with them. good bad where do you like to place them in your spread. I made 9 of my own when I saw how ridiculously expensive they are. ($30) I made mine for under $10 each. Most expensive part was the fiberglass pole. Wondering if i will get away with the white poles or should I paint em black/brown?

heres a pic of them. wanted to upload video of them at work but its too large of a file

Attached Files:

2. jcneng

jcneng Senior Refuge Member

The same as all the snow goose circus act gadgets. Some days they absolutely key in on them and other days we lay them down. You just never know. We typically have them in front of the hunters toward the top of the spread. White poles shouldn't be an issue

3. in2b8er

in2b8er Refuge Member

how do the ducks (mallardz) typically respond to them? could care less about cagos, shoot enough of them around Rochester mn.

4. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Only hunted with them a time or two. Both times we shot ducks with them.

Like said above....sometimes they'll work sometimes they won't

5. in2b8er

in2b8er Refuge Member

Thanks everyone for sharing you rexperiences with them. Ill be heading to nodak end of October. With a 4yr old and 2 yr old these trips cant get
    here fast enough.

6. cut-em-all-jack

cut-em-all-jack Senior Refuge Member

would you mind posting your materials list that you used ? Thanks or pm me

7. in2b8er

in2b8er Refuge Member

i found the plastic corrigated plastic at menards in 2'x4' sheet. for a pattern i used 2 lucky duck wings end to end. i used flat white and flat black for the paint. to attach i used a 6" steel leader with a swivel and used epoxy to attach non swivel end into the corrugated plastic. from the swivel to the fiberglass pole i used 30lb braided fishing line and just tied it around the pole a few times. i will have a field report in a month as to how they hold up and things to improve. i will post up some pics tonight.

8. in2b8er

in2b8er Refuge Member

Here's the pics

Attached Files:

9. duck central

duck central Senior Refuge Member

Made mine almost the same way. Got all the material from signs I picked up. I used Gorilla glue to attach the swivels and got the stakes at a garden center for about .50 cents each. Most expensive stuff was the paint. $ 3.00 a can. Super easy to make, I made about a hundred for I think $50.00 bucks. Again as others have said sometimes they work sometimes they don't.