Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Reel Wings

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by WCPOPO, Jan 29, 2017.

1. WCPOPO

WCPOPO New Member

Has anyone tried the reel wings, specifically the lite reel wings? I've been curious about them for a while but don't want to drop a bunch of coin on something that I'll have to hide from the wife and act like it's great the next decade just to hear I told you so. They also have the air wing 360 for the ground use. Just curious if anyone has used them and how good they are.

2. DaPutts

DaPutts Senior Refuge Member

Yes I have them and use them both. They work, period. Some guys will get all butt hurt just because Scott makes them and bash em, same ole blah blah blah.
    We have 20 reel wings total and 12 360's. I'll admit I didn't think a big dare devil spinning would work at first, but they do. We usually put out 8-10 reel wings when weather permits on long poles.
    Good luck

WCPOPO likes this.
  3. WCPOPO

WCPOPO New Member

Thanks. I know some people bash them but have never tried them themselves. I'll grab some up.

4. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

Same here on the reel wings. But not such a big fan of the 360's. In low wind situations we throw a couple reel wings on a rotary and that seems to work well also.

WCPOPO likes this.
  5. WCPOPO

WCPOPO New Member

I ordered 2 light wind snows and one pole. Just to compare how they work. I appreciate the info. Can't wait for the migration so I can make those goose jalapeƱo poppers!

6. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

we also use 9 mojo ducks hard wired with a white dress and a stiro plate on the black side of the wing 2'' left black they really like um and reel wings work well we keep 30 on 6' poles or less

WCPOPO likes this.
  7. WCPOPO

WCPOPO New Member

That's a good idea. I've been thinking of ways to turn canadian full bodies into snows for the season. Considered everything from bed sheets over them to sprays that can come off when scrubbed. I'm too worried about ruining them though.

8. cripple

cripple Senior Refuge Member

we run 15 of the reel wings mostly the "light" version but have still found you need a constant 10+ wind for them to work but over the weekend they were beneficial we are making our own poles we ordered 10 of the poles for them last year and only had 5 functional after 1 hunt the poles in my opinion are not sturdy enough for the reel wings but work great for the 360s on the poles the reel wings have too much bounce on the pole and end up breaking and make a lot of noise but overall we really like the reel wings but like everything that us snow goose hunters have there is a time for them

WCPOPO likes this.
  9. 81arnghunter

81arnghunter Refuge Member

I used a bicycle flap pole for mine. Worked great just put a fishing leader on the end and good to go. I usually put them in the ground at an angle.

10. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

Used to fool with them but almost every time we used em never had right wind .it needed to be a real stiff steady wind or it was a pia. I still use jackites goose kites , a bit noisy but look damn good n flying on a 16' surf rod take little wind