Religion beliefs

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Inyoface, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Inyoface

Inyoface Elite Refuge Member

I myself just basicaly believe in god myself, i do not go to church just believe in god. I know theyre is alot of ppl out there who dont believe in God, what do you believe in and how do you blieve we got here, and why? I also believe there is other ways we got here. just wanted to here peoples thoughts.

2. olepal

olepal Elite Refuge Member

Good topic for the Christian Forum...

olepal

3. kwsmith

kwsmith Elite Refuge Member

whoooeeee- not asking for much, are ya? let it begin...

4. missed mallards

missed mallards Senior Refuge Member

Science has some sound information. I took a class on evolution my freshman year in college and it was quite an eye opening experience. As anyone knows science and the bible don't jive. I liked the class but fought it becasue of that reason.

I believe in God but i don't believe in organized religion so to speek. I don't go to church due to the Bull i've seen at them. I don't know about all religions but i do know that a Church is the house of the good Lord, so my dad always said, and I've never understood the backstabing and downward looks on others in the church. So i stay out. i don't understand a lot about reliegion. why is one better than the other.

sorry probably not the answer you looking for but has to chime in.

5. MindTrikCallr

MindTrikCallr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Thats untrue...actually science contradicts itself where it relates to evolution, the formation of plant life and the rock record which is HARD fact...IF you follow the rock record, it follows Genesis...Biologist can argue with me all day long, but the rock record doesnt lie...we see NO evolutionary evidence, just speculation and theory. Biologist cannot explain the Pre-Cambrian/Cambrian line either...if you just think of Biology it doesnt make sense...The record shows Earth as BLANK...NOTHING ZILCH ZERO prior to the Cambrian record...then POOF you see plant life show up out of nowhere...As a scientist myself, science has never made me question my faith..EVER

6. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

WHY SHOULD THIS BE IN THE CHRISTIAN fORUM? Ever think many guys steer clear of that forum becuase of some of the overbearing attitudes of some in that forum? Besides the gentleman said belief -- NOT Christianity

Yes I do believe in the Big Guy in the Sky. :yes No, I do not give much creadance to organized religions.:no Way too many hypocrits and "control" issues in org religions.

Most important thing to remember is that yes, there is a God, and you are not it.:dv

Say Please 1st thing in the morning and thank you the last thing at night.:tu

7. MindTrikCallr

MindTrikCallr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

ITS REALLY sad that organized religion has put itself in the light it has...but then again like I tell all my friends...I do NOT follow the preacher...I follow God, if you follow your preacher you might be lead down a side path somewhere...Pastors, the Pope they are ONLY MEN...even the Pope has lustful thoughts...Men will fail you...God will not

8. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

If you want to talk about religion and god, you are going to have to talk about all the religions.
    The god they all believe in seems to be the same one.
    But from what I can see, all of them claim to be the only one true faith and that all the others are wrong.

That would be funny if it wasn’t the basis of so many wars, deaths and hatreds over the last twenty thousand years or so.

9. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Pastors, the Pope they are ONLY MEN...even the Pope has lustful thoughts...Men will fail you...God will not

I'm not going to stand up for any Pope, preacher or witchdoctor.
    But that being said…..

Would you have ever thought about god or religion if some man hadn’t told you about it?
    All you know about god is what you have learned from men.

10. Davy Hunt

Davy Hunt Elite Refuge Member

I think you misunderstand what a church is for.

You're supposed to have all those kinds of folks in it. If they are holier than anyone else, they don't need to be in church. If they are not holier than anyone else, btu act like it... then they are hypocrites. Hypocrites ought to be in church.

Church is for sinners.