Religion beliefs

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Inyoface, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

2. onionhead

onionhead Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Wrong, the answer is given specifically .... And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. They recognized the beauty of human women(interesting), desired them sexually(interesting) and so had relations with them(also interesting)

NOWHERE is this even hinted at in scripture. So when the author of the article says he "HEARD" this as a reason he's right, cause he never READ it, at least not in the BIBLE.

Christ's advent and atonement for sin in NO WAY was conditioned or dependent on the state of purity of human being, any human being - all have sinned.

Sin is the issue not genetics. Christ came that we might be cleansed of our sin, not our "bad genes". Becareful when placing huge emphasis on the flesh(genetics) or reading authors who would place much store in the flesh.

Christ Jesus said,"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6

:l everybody to their own opinion

Yeah, so I guess Captain Kirk sowed successful seed with at least some of the multitude of alien females he had relations with. Captain James Tiberias Kirk man sure got around :cool:

Interesting that the author would associate DNA with demons, spiritual beings with DNA - interesting.

Horse hockey, the Bible plainly states that man was the sole reason for the flood.

3. ARKANSAS

ARKANSAS Elite Refuge Member

I read that article Andy. Thats....um.....interesting.:h

4. Lowtide

Onionhead liked it too. :no

5. onionhead

onionhead Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

:dv I really like the parts of the Bible that can be so easily extended into Sci-FI, like StarTrek, Conan, StarWars and Lord of the Rings, kinda, ect.. My boys watch this stuff and I enjoy it too, some of its pretty thought provoking. We've had many many hours of discussion about plots and characters and how they relate Biblically.

Nothing wrong with entertainment, I read all 10 Left Behinds(I think it was ten, I'm sure AW can correct me if thats not the case). I thought they would have made ONE good fiction novel.

Consider this. Christ Jesus taught that those, who are by faith, the children GOD, will be "as" and "equal unto the angels of GOD" - through the power of the resurrection......

Matthew 22:30
    For in the they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12:25
    For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Luke 20:36
    Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

So if you like sensationalism, as I do, there's no need for fiction, there's no need for Roddenberry or Speiberg, just look at what GOD's word teaches. The Bible contains the wildest SCI-FI there is and guess what - its ALL true.

Christ Jesus said we will be like the angels of GOD. Look at the scriptures and see what angels can do. So you see that Onionhead won't need the starship Enterprise or a Klingon bird-of-prey to fly around the universe at warp 9, he'll be using the resurrection power of Christ Jesus the Lord .... AMEN

Reading the "angel, demon, Nephilim, giants, plagues and other miraculous parts" of scripture gives us a little biddy glimpse of what is coming for us through the power of HIS resurrection.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

HE's coming and HE's bringing with HIM, so just keep on keeping the main thing, the main thing.

6. Lowtide

I've heard of them, but haven't read any. I don't know how many they wrote.

:tu

7. deltabuster

deltabuster New Member

:fp The bottom line is simple, either you believe or you don't. All this debate proves that it takes both believers and non believers to make the world function.

8. RefugeHunter

RefugeHunter Elite Refuge Member

Shame on me for thinking that two verses next to each other are related.

I will engage in self-flaggelation to rid myself of such nonsensical thinking.

Keep it up, I'm learing new things all the time, from now on I'll know that two verses next to each other have nothing to do with each other.

I bow before your superior reasoning.

Nothing more to be said on this subject.

9. jack black

jack black New Member

So you see that Onionhead won't need the starship Enterprise or a Klingon bird-of-prey to fly around the universe at warp 9, he'll be using the resurrection power of Christ Jesus the Lord ....

What does the lord ride around on? A fluffy cloud?

10. snowflake

snowflake Senior Refuge Member

He rides around on the Power of GOD,HIS FATHER,which is at least real and not some made-up,star-wars anology..................SF