Reloading

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by SpoonySmacker, Jan 1, 2018.

1. ducslayer

ducslayer Elite Refuge Member

When I was checked in the NE last season the federal warden had a box that the front part of the shell was inserted into and a light showed if the shell was or was not lead.

2. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

I have only been checked one time in the last twenty years. The warden and I had a discussion and that was it.

3. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

They will either stick a magnet or use to hot shot.

4. renoduckman

renoduckman Elite Refuge Member

Yes and the Hot Shot showed my Winchester supreme HD tungsten as lead. In took 1/2 hour to clear that up with a warden and put some what off a damper on a good day.

5. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

I heard of stories about that. That really sucks.

6. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Reloading Waterfowl loads is a labor of love to have the best ammo in the marsh , I chose to because I like shooting different gauges of guns .
    There're so many options a reloader has if he pays attention to the recipes that are offered but make no mistake about it , if you screw-up it could
    cost you dearly ! Cost wise reloading is cheaper than most factory ammo and with the New Laws coming , it most definitely will be . All the added
    charges this state is imposing in the supply chain , cost money , so beware !
    I stopped by WalMart today in my area , they have removed all ammo from the open shelves and put a sign on the locked cabinet , it says ......
    NO ammo Sales until this State provides the permits to do so ! I talked to the Sporting Goods manager and he said , they have employees who have
    cleared the states requirements but still haven't received the permits , as of yet !

Our State Bureaucracy Sucks !!!

SpoonySmacker and CADUCKWHACKER like this.
  7. Nocalhonker

Nocalhonker Elite Refuge Member

I was checked last year we steel reloads he felt them no issue. Hevi shot being heavier it wouldn’t be as easy. I reloaded four boxes yesterday.