Rem 700 .22-250

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by Goose Sniper, Feb 12, 2005.

1. NJOY

NJOY Senior Refuge Member

I also have a bull barrel Rem. 700 .22-250 and have not had any problems. Paid for it with the first few coyotes it dropped, back in Blue Ducks era. It has also been used as a antelope rifle and does a good job. I would buy another if needed.

2. 62bmw

62bmw Refuge Member

Back when I lived in montana the , the biggest caliber anyone carried in their truck was a 243 , but most had a 22-250 . we shot everything from prarriedogs to small elephants with them . The kicker was it had to be a head shot or you rode in the back with the dogs

3. Goose Sniper

Goose Sniper Elite Refuge Member

Bought my Rem 22-250 today. Looking forward to shooting this bad boy Thanks for all the info.

:grvn :dv :grvn

4. weatherby

weatherby Moderator Moderator

My buddy bought one a couple of years ago and i've shot it a couple of times and really like it.One day i will also own one. He owns a lot of high end rifles and always comments on how good his remington shoots, in fact he has used it the last 2 years for deer. A little light in my mind, but he pass's up alot of shots waitin for the right one

5. HuntAllDay

HuntAllDay Senior Refuge Member

I bought a 700 vssf in 22-250 last year and love the gun! Its deadly accurate. I definitely dont think that you can go wrong with that gun.

I like the 250 for shooting Prarie dogs because it bucks the wind up here much better than the .223's do. :tu

6. NDTerminator

NDTerminator Elite Refuge Member

Here's a Remington 700 ADL Synthetic 22-250 story. This is my wife's primary varmint rifle. A couple years ago, my wife (Duck Herder here on the Refuge) and I were out for an afternoon of Spring jack rabbit whacking. I saw one maybe 250 yards out in a field, pulled over, and pointed it out to her. She gets out, drops a sandbag on the hood, and starts shooting. I have my glasses on the jack and I'm calling the shots. Bang!... miss, bang!..., miss, bang!... hit!. So I make a smart comment to the effect I couldn't see where she's hitting, and I didn't think she'd ever kill it (my wife is an excellent rifle shot & wingshooter, I might add...). She replies that she didn't miss any and she killed em' all! Sure enough, she started in on the ones out there I didn't see because I was tunneled in on the first on I saw. She had jacks laid out to better than 300 yards all over that field. Yep, I felt like an idiot... :nutz

7. Goose Sniper

Goose Sniper Elite Refuge Member

That is a GREAT story!! :l kudos to the the real hunter in the house! :clap ;)

LOL! What scope is she using.... thats my next journey...

8. NDTerminator

NDTerminator Elite Refuge Member

We use Sightron's. On her 700 she has a Sightron 3-12X40. As I said earlier, I have a Sightron 4-16X42 on mine...

9. Mike Rathnow

Mike Rathnow Senior Refuge Member

I think you made a wise choice. Like I said before, I wouldn't trade mine for the world. :tu

10. pyle762

pyle762 Elite Refuge Member

I have a 22-250 700 ADL that I got from Wal-mart for $370. I shot MOA and will kill coyotes way out there. It is more accurate than I am.