Remove Gamey Taste/This is How I Age Duck

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by ValleyFlak, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Texans84

Texans84 Senior Refuge Member

Yup mine in my garage has officially bit the dust. I want to get a deep freeze, but also want another outside fridge for aging game. I bet I can talk my fiance into one before the wedding. I'm thinking fridge first, then deep freeze after the wedding.

2. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

In my grocery store, steaks are "marked down for quick sale" after about a week or so.
    I guess those steaks would taste better than the ones just put out for sale...:confused:

3. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Everyone knows what liver tastes like. In my opinion, Canada breasts taste more like liver if little effort is made to remove blood from the breast meat.

If you want to leave bacteria in the breasts, that's up to you, but if you don't get the blood out, your meat is going to be "gamey". Gamey = liver taste.

If you like that gamey taste, fine. I never bought any kind of meat in a grocery store that tasted gamey.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

The surfaces of the meat are not protected once cut. They are no longer 'ageing'. You are smarter than that, Joe.

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

They don't sell 'game' in the store. They sell domesticated animals, raised for slaughter.