Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Rend Lake Subs to be ALL draw this year

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by WhackmNstackM, Aug 19, 2013.

1. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

& one of the few places which has not been "overrun" with hunters. Not for the lazy at heart and the skeeters & snakes will run a sane man away!

2. WhackmNstackM

WhackmNstackM Senior Refuge Member

Just received confirmation email from John Buhnerkempe, Chief of Illinois Division of Wildlife. Stating due to public input that the Big Muddy side of Rend Lake sub impoundments will REMAIN first come first serve freelance hunting for the 2013-2014 waterfowl season.... But will closely monitored for anything from arguments, to entering the area early, or "unsafe boating"... And if significant improvements are not made this year it WILL be staked and a daily draw will be there in 2014-2015.... I for one have spent way to many hours talking to our appointed officials and emailing the IDNR to let some idiot screw it up for everyone, so just play by the rules and don't screw it up

3. S4V46E

S4V46E Senior Refuge Member

:clap

I don't really hunt there but hope the idiots don't screw it up. It could be the start of many more places.

4. greenheadIL

greenheadIL Elite Refuge Member

That's great news thanks for what you have done. But what do you think the chance are of this not happening next year? Lots of people with pull want it done and when was the last time you saw a large group of waterfowlers all get along.

5. Fullbored

Fullbored Elite Refuge Member

They will try it again but hopefully will go about it better way next time with more opportunity to voice our opinions.

If they think turning it into draw well end all of the fighting and arguing they haven't been to the casey fork side i guess?

On behalf of all the hunters at Rend i'll say a thanks to anyone who voiced their opinions to state officals. I don't hunt it much but I know a lot of people that do and would like to keep it the way it is.

6. Grind on em

Grind on em Senior Refuge Member

gentlemen, this man is telling the truth. if you don't want rend staked, then act appropriately.

7. WhackmNstackM

WhackmNstackM Senior Refuge Member

there is always gonna be the select few that don't that they have to abide by anyones rules except their own. and they are gonna be the ones to screw it up for everyone in the end. but you cant change or control what people do.... we've done our part by getting another chance at keeping things the way they are and all I can do is my small part

8. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Due to lack of food, I doubt it will be a problem this year. However, when you stack the numbers of ducks north of 148 which were there for a short period last year, there will be problems. Anytime you have an area like this with the type of access available, it will be a cluster???k. Its been that way for over 30+ years, & much like the problems in Washington or the middle east, the threat of a draw will not change anything. Will it solve the problem :confused: No, it will just move it elsewhere.

With the above stated, remember this post. There are several around that want areas of the Muddy staked & put in a draw. These include, all facets of management at Rend(Law Enforcement, Biology & Land Management) as well as several hunters who know how to cry & bellyache(thus causing problems). We stopped Casey from being staked for several years, however, it only a matter of time before it happens. Understand, I am not for this, however, I have been around long enuff to see the writing on the wall.

9. gingerthechessie

gingerthechessie Senior Refuge Member

10. duckdog357

duckdog357 New Member

where is the draw going to be held at and dose any one know how many stakes they will have:scratch:scratch