Repair or paper-weight?

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Blake C, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Blake C

Blake C Refuge Member

Models that resemble the MVP?

Good insight, thanks. I think the dog ears that it came with are fairly even 45s. Either way I'll have to experiment. Any particular characteristics that accompany a dog ear with more taken off the side (leaving the top square) vs those with more off the top (leaving the top pointy). Likely depends on the insert, just curious.

2. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

You have four other calls. You’ve already said you couldn’t get it to sound right. Save the barrel for a rainy day and move on.

callinfowl likes this.
  3. Blake C

Blake C Refuge Member

Dang man, you think I carry 5 different mallard calls? :yes Whistle, goose call, wood duck, mallard hen... You guys are some kinda bitter around here, must be a tough couple splits so far. Rest easy, season comes back in Dec. 16th here and it looks like cold weather is on the way.

I called RNT and they were super helpful. The call is getting returned to them, fixed, and tuned for a friendly price. I would highly suggest reaching out to them for any issues.

4. Hugatree

It’s amazing what can happen when you pick up the phone.

5. Blake C

Blake C Refuge Member

Yep, albeit that advice didn't come from you. Actually, you advised the opposite 4hrs ago. :confused:

6. Hugatree

Handle up on your business and you won’t need to author these types of posts.

7. Hugatree

I’m glad RNT took care of you and I knew they would. Drake in the Tuning Shed is a good guy and he works quickly. I don’t even fool with tuning Duck Calls any more. I just take them there after a hunt.

8. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Lots of us on this forum ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    25 years back I lost my lanyard in deep water, one of the best things that could have happened in my water fowling life. Ended up with newer working call replacing those $3.00 and $4.00 calls I had since I was 14. then I learned to call right.