Repealing Clean Water Rule Creates Uncertainty for $887B Outdoor Recreation Economy

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by chuam, Jun 28, 2017.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

So, those saying this is simply putting the rules in effect which were in place in 2015 are incorrect, or was that happening in 2015 and has since ended? I'm seriously asking.

2. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

As I understand it, it has been happening (dumping in headwaters) for a long time, it was restricted in 2015, but was not enforced, because the implementing procedures had not be completed. I should of been clearer in stating "it will be permissible to continue to dump"........

3. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Trying to play the "schoolyard name calling" victim card is unbecoming.

As your paycheck is dependent upon them (gov't), your inherent bias is so noted but not condemned.

I too favor clean air, soil and water.

I also remember the reports of Lake Erie periodically catching on fire back in the 1960's because of so much pollution.

What is in question and what Secretary Pruitt did was to stop another massive overreach by the EPA that went far beyond the items Phytoplankton referenced.

There's using common sense along with cause and effect due diligence engineering thought processes and the EPA has a history of employing neither.

Case in point, this is the time of the year for Tulsa to be under so-called Ozone Alert days as exceeding the limit over a specified number of days could land them on the EPA "dirty air" list and reap a host of new restrictions.

With the wind predominately out of the south during this period, the gov't ozone sensors are arrayed in an arc around the northern fringes of Tulsa.

What's wrong with that is there are no sensors on the south side of town so the EPA has no earthly idea of how "dirty" the air is before it gets to T-town hence, no way to know how much ozone Tulsa itself is actually producing.

What kind of engineering thought went into that deal?

Zane likes this.
  4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Thanks. People on both sides tend to go a little overboard on this sort of thing, and I really just haven't gotten into the issue deep enough on my own. Been spending most of my time on Gulf issues and, especially, trying to keep GOMESA funds going to the same place they were earmarked for from the beginning of the program.

5. K Kalls

K Kalls Senior Refuge Member

I didn't say they were unnecessary. I said there are multiple regs for the same thing. Where one or two is only needed.

6. K Kalls

I'll give you an example of how stupid the EPA can be. If I have a truck of spent HCL come in and it's off loaded and the hose leaks just a 16oz bottle full its an EPA reportable spill. The same truck comes in with the same product on but we use it as raw material and change they bills to ferrous chloride. Then the reportable amount is about 80 gallons. Makes no sense.

7. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

So right now what is stopping someone from polluting the headwaters? Should the headwaters not be regulated? What's the point of protecting a body of water but only parts of the body? Does the costs not outweigh the risk? Will you be directly impacted by this?

8. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Yes some regulations Ard ridiculous whether it be by private or public industry. As far as the topic at hand how does this bill impact you and what is stopping someone from polluting the headwaters?

9. K Kalls

The rules before 2015 protected headwaters and all other waters. But that 2015 rule was just out and out over reach. Just because my land may hold some water when there is a heavy rain doesn't mean the EPA should have the right to regulate my rain water. And in a short while the standing water would be gone. OVER REACH

Damian Wiening, JP and Zane like this.
  10. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Nope.

riverrat47, cast&blast, tcc and 3 others like this.