Repealing Clean Water Rule Creates Uncertainty for $887B Outdoor Recreation Economy

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by chuam, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

That should make it easy to comply, how about examples?

2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

So what did the new ruling change? That they can control your puddle after a rain? What would they do specifically to your puddle if you don't mind me asking?

3. K Kalls

K Kalls Senior Refuge Member

The way I read the reg. was you have stop the water on your property from reaching ditchs streams and such. It's rain water on a field. I would see it if it was coming from a land fill. That's the over reach.

4. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

We can't put lake water on the ground at work unless we are using it for firefighting.

5. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Say for example that water on your property gets contaminated in some way. Then it drains into a ditch which empties into a large river. That's not a problem?

I get what you are saying. It does sound complicated. I see both sides of the fence. I think clarifying the law would make more sense then scrapping the whole law. I guess this is why they asked for public input on it and received more than 1 million responses.

6. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

K Kalls answered that for you at 16:47 HRS

7. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

Let me try and understand this. Ok, I get the first scenario, 16oz, reportable. 2nd truck also has HCL, correct? and is mixed with something to make ferrous chloride and the reporting threshold is 80 gallons for ferrous chloride (or is 80 gallons for HCL?) what does but we use it as raw material and change they bills to ferrous chloride mean?

8. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Farm is headwaters for two different creeks. One in the pasture. The other on land that is farmed. We where looking into restoration of some wetlands drained in the 40s. We also have an abandon rail road that cuts through both.

We pulled back when we saw the rain water rules. Rail bed has materials deemed not of natural deposit. We under new rules could be fined if those materials ended up in the creek . The RR was put in 1920s. Ownership on a portion had changed hands numerous times.

9. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

I'm not a victim of anything, and I couldn't care less what you think is "unbecoming". I was just attempting to engage in a discussion about clean water, soil, and air. You are clearly more interested in labels. So be it.

riverrat47 likes this.
  10. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

In referring to me as a "schoolyard name caller" aren't you labelling people?