REPLICA DECOY CO. NEW FULL BODY HONKER DECOYS

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by gary s., Aug 24, 2017.

1. gary s.

gary s. Elite Refuge Member

just got to see the new lighter weight plastic honker full body decoys. they are sweet & better then ever. this new decoy plastic is perfect, I.M.O. Cory told me.They are all caught up on back orders and can get going right away on new fall orders. Nice to see a custom made high quality decoy that you don't have to wait 2 years for.

2. murdock255

murdock255 Refuge Member

What decoys do you have to wait 2 years for?

3. Kazzy8

Kazzy8 Senior Refuge Member

gary s. is a Replica fan and likes to reminisce about the old days when DSD had a waiting list... even though he just said in his post that Replica just got through "catching up on back orders"... I have a pretty good theory on why Replica might be able to "get going right away" on fall orders... :dv

New DSD's are light years better and about $200 a dozen cheaper...

Attached Files:

deand1 likes this.
  4. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

I ordered 2 dozen honkers in June. 2 1/2 months and still no decoys. I ordered specks last year and had them in 4 weeks or less. I've owned both DSD and Replica. The reason I went with Replica was to get a quality custom decoy in a reasonable amount of time but I see that is not happening. I called to check on my order a few weeks ago. I was told they had an issue with the reaching feeder mold and were getting a replacement. No big deal I know things happen but don't hold up the rest of my order for 4 decoys and would it be too much trouble to send out an email or call and let the customer know the status of their order when there is an issue. I would guess none of them are done.

5. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

IMG_0490.JPG

Delivered a few days ago. Very nice! Detail is great and color is spot on.:tu

oatsie likes this.
  6. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

They look nice,remind me of the original Hardcore which were the best looking decoy,IMO.

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  7. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Original hardcores were light years ahead of the competion still own about 5 dzn just to good to let good

8. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

Yeah they were.

Phil Hudson likes this.
  9. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

They were something else. I was careful where I used them, Always sumbody stopping and glassing them, it was scary fast when a rifle came out a truck door.

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  10. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Yep been shot at one time myself did not see the truck stop but the idiot unloaded a sks or an ar into the decoys it was kinda scary with that many bullets zinging over your head i now jump up and shoot in the air when they stop and look for very long. A few years back a guy was killed here in Ks by a douche bag shooting into the decoys kid was 18 yrs old guy got 15 yrs i think should have fried the basturd. With better decoys you better pay attention to the road warriors driving and shooting anything

10gaBBB and oatsie like this.