REPLICA DECOY CO. NEW FULL BODY HONKER DECOYS

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by gary s., Aug 24, 2017.

1. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

I remember reading the story on the young man getting shot. I think I posted the article on another site. Very sad indeed. If I remember correctly the guy shot a rifle into the decoys and fled. Friends that were hunting with him got a good description of the truck.

2. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

I believe it was his birthday as well shooter didnt have a hunt license or anything Beau Arnett was his name if i remember right how tragic

3. ED Vanderbeck

My buddy worked the accident as the game warden. He is very pizzed at rifle shooters

4. duxh8me

duxh8me Elite Refuge Member

Nice looking decoys... also I think someone got killed by a road killer years ago when they had a decoy with a neck collar... Jim in Texas

5. GMgadgetgeek

GMgadgetgeek New Member

If you're looking for service and timeliness, you're dealing with the wrong company. Last year when I ordered my replicas I was a box short which they claimed was shipped and then it was lost and then finally oops they found it in the warehouse. This year I open my trailer and several of the decoys split open. Corys response send them back and we'll try to repair them. Said they shouldn't be left on the stakes. Of course there is no such disclosure when they were sent or on their website. Hopefully the new plastic is better. I ordered DSD's and had them in 4 weeks and they did warn about storing the decoys on the stakes and in excess temperatures.

Attached Files:

6. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

We were hunting a fence lime next to a small road,a pickup comes driving up and stops 40 yards from our spread and 2 guys jump out and almost shoot until I yelled and scared the dung out of them.They said they swore they were geese.I guess our hide was good,and cheapo Avianx look good,that's all we run and do our fair share of landing birds and hunters to:eek:

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  7. ED Vanderbeck

There a lot of good decoys out there i think where the ultra real ones shine is in heavly pressured situations

HONKSRWORKN likes this.
  8. mpkowal

We get a lot of pressure because we simply have to hunt the same 5 or 600 geese from Nov.till end of Jan.

9. ED Vanderbeck

Me too most years birds become very educated with no new birds coming into area. Out town birds are the worst live in the city park you can feed them by hand get them in the country impossible to hunt almost very small spreads works the best on these jokers but lots are banded so we endure to kill em

10. mpkowal

Very well put