Replica Decoy Company

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by CrahNX, Sep 10, 2014.

1. James Maxum

James Maxum Senior Refuge Member

Can you shoot them?........it happens now and then.

2. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

These , especially the specks they look good :yes...I see that guys are complaining about 60.00 ea ..... If your looking for a decoy with the quality of a DSD you are gona pay for them that simple .... Want the best it will cost you :D
    I still think the DSD honker is the shizzlnit :cool:,

3. callngeese

callngeese Senior Refuge Member

Long story on the pics--hoping for some better field pics mid week

4. Kazzy8

Kazzy8 Senior Refuge Member

DSD specks are painted on a Lesser body not the Cackler body. They are the same size as specks.

I too have held the Deception decoys in hand and I can say that they IMO aren't on the level of DSD's or RDC (in their pics). Carvings just aren't as realistic and paint is shiny when outdoors.

5. Favaloro

Favaloro Elite Refuge Member

All I say is you get what you pay for. Good decoys that last cost the extra dime. If u want ones that last a year or two get China made decoys if not spend the money buy American made and have the people that spend their lives making these decoys stand by their product.

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  6. ZachChauvin

ZachChauvin Refuge Member

Have any of you tried getting in touch with Replica Decoy lately? I have tried to email and it doesn't go through, phone just rings until the machine picks up...

Although I haven't seen any of these in person I think that the RDC specks look the most realistic for what you see here in Louisiana. If you look into a field with Specks you see black geese, not tan geese.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  7. Ganderman

Ganderman Senior Refuge Member

No time to answer: they're probably out field-testing more custom decoys for the 2015 market...

8. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

My perception of specks in our fields differs from yours, and I've no experience with RDCs, but Deceptions have benched my DSDs. Very pleased with their performance this season, but only time can tell us how they'll hold up in the long run.

9. ZachChauvin

ZachChauvin Refuge Member

We normally use the GHG pro specks but they go to crap fast. Flocking comes off, paint fades and you end up with grey decoys. The specks around here, juveniles included are very dark. Pretty much look like a "eagle head" without the white head. When looking at a speck standing in the rice, you see two things - a black goose and the white on rear. Maybe it's just the background we hunt on or something else, but they aren't the typical sandy color. I ordered six speck decoys from RDC today to see how they work. I can post up some pics if anyone is considering them, I know this was an older thread. I bought 1 rester, 2 sentry, 1 feeder, and 2 stretch feeders. Picked these mainly due to the darker color they seem to have.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  10. murdock255

murdock255 Refuge Member

Zach, please post pics when you get those RDCs.