Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Reports

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by mrmallerd, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Yup, went by a few days ago and there must have been a couple hundred all sitting by/in the sewage lagoon on the west side of town.

I don't think I am quite that desperate to eat a goose that has been hanging out in raw/treated sewage....but that's just me! :no

2. CNWD

CNWD Senior Refuge Member

I was talking about all the mallards guys have been shooting... unless you were referring to dead mallards in a barley field...:)

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Scouted yesterday and never saw a duck. Lots of Canada geese , but very well educated and they won't land with other geese and will laugh at decoys so its not worth the effort. All the sloughs and marshes have opened up with the better weather, and even small ponds are opening up. I did talk to a first nations hunter who said he and a friend found some in the rice and shot 100+ on Sunday morning, and they were all gone Monday (I wonder why). I was out early this morning and went to the valley to see if any birds were moving and visibility was good, but I spotted nothing with the binocs in any of the fields I checked, or the horizon. No real wind this morning.

Temps are still mild in the south end of the province, so I don't know if the birds will be moving or not.

Good luck and hunt safe.

4. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Hay Bang what's your forecast for next week like? We are looking at a total freeze out down here with highs in the 20's most of the week with lows in the single digits.

5. 10ga.crazy

10ga.crazy Senior Refuge Member

Nov 6/14 and we still have lots of birds here in Lloydminster area. Lots of lesser Canadas and Greenheads around. Haven't seen any Snows now for about 1 week but I have been busy at work and not travelling the known hang outs but definitely have not seen any migrators all the past week. Am off work next 4 days so will be out scouting first thing in morning.

6. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Hi Dean,

Yes, we will be bottoming out also, suppose to hit tomorrow mid-afternoon. What birds we have left, which isn't much will be pushed south. Not sure what the temps are in American, but highs in C are still below freezing and lows are around -8c with windchills around -11c.

7. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

That would be a temp around 18 degrees F.(F Temp= 9/5 C + 32). In this case the C Temp is negative. So, 9/5(-8) or -14.4 +32 = 17.6 degrees F