Republicans Intro DACA of Their Own

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by eel river, Sep 25, 2017.

1. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Well, good for them. I'm glad they are helping Trump out in this.

2. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

I haven't seen anything on it yet, but if the Wall is attached, it probably won't pass.

Hope it is a clean bill.

3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Link?

4. eel river

From CBS News Link:

"Republican Senators Thom Tillis, James Lankford and Orrin Hatch unveiled their latest immigration reform effort, a first step toward fixing the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program which the Trump administration recently announced it was rescinding.

The three senators announced the SUCCEED Act (Solution for Undocumented Children through Careers Employment Education and Defending our nation), which they called a "fair and compassionate" merit-based solution to issues facing undocumented children currently in the U.S. "If you work hard, follow the law and pay your taxes, you can stay here permanently," Sen. Tillis promised Dreamers.

5. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Amnesty. But we all knew that was the only realistic solution. There is no way the US would/could deport 800,000 children of illegals.

Nor are we gonna deport 11 million illegals, but that's for another day.

Do you suppose the Republicans are trying to take the Latino vote away from the Dems?

6. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Pardon my ignorance.... but what is the main difference?
    I like the way this sounds. I guess its a matter of finding the loopholes that the abusers will look for and close them.

7. eel river

Good strategy in my opinion.

8. eel river

Sure. At some point the argument of how long one has to be without a job before they become deportable will be an issue. Attorneys love this stuff!

9. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Bet that there will never be a legal process assuring us of protection from the scum bags.

10. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Why are we giving citizenship to people who came here illegally when thousands do it the right way? And don't give me the "they came here through no fault of their own" crapola. They don't get a pass, just like any criminal adult doesn't get a get out of jail free card just because they have children to take care of.

That said, I guess if we have to keep them I would be OK with a legal resident status but no citizenship. Maybe grant citizenship if they join the military. But the wall and strict enforcement must be done 1st. Fool me once.....and all that.

OneShotBandit, API and lax like this.