Reputable Guides

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by J.Blackburn, Apr 12, 2017.

1. gatordone

gatordone New Member

missed one of your posts.... private land gator hunting is nothing like fenced in deer shoots. Don't forget most of central florida is owned by mormon cattle ranchers, mega sod farms and big cattle ranches (something like 30% of osceola and brevard county are owned by 4 people.) There's so much water and lake that you won't know the difference.

2. J.Blackburn

J.Blackburn Refuge Member

So these year round gator hunts I'm seeing are legit? I'm still confused if I would be able to hunt a gator during the summer when we are there or if there is a season. If it's a season I'm not going to bother putting in for the tag. Just thought a gator hunt would be fun while we are there in the summer.

3. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

You would be able to when you are there. Instead of getting a tag, you'd get an alligator trapping agent's license. This would allow you act as an agent for any permitted trapper (including nuisance trappers who can take gators year round).

4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

If you'll be way down here in SWFL - maybe look into going out and doing some flat fishing in the 10,000 islands area outta Everglades city or out of Marco. Plenty of species to go after - including Tarpon in the summer.

As for Gators - their are guides NE of here up near LaBelle and Clewiston that set up hunts on private land. @gatordone is spot on w/ pricing and info.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  5. J.Blackburn

J.Blackburn Refuge Member

Thanks for the info fellas!