Results so far???

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Waterproof, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Waterproof

Waterproof Elite Refuge Member

Well folks lets hear it. What results have you all had so far today? As for me I had the kids so was not able to go out and do the traditional decoy spread and calling setup today. I did however load up the sex trophies and took them with me to jump shoot some ponds that I have access too. Ended up getting myself two Blackjacks (ringbills) this morning. Saw quite a few birds and am looking forward to a great season.

2. goosechaser

goosechaser Senior Refuge Member

We had 2 limits of ducks by about 7:10. Mixed bag-teal, gadwall, pintail, widgeon and mallards. Lots of ducks around. What a great start to the season. I hope it continues in this fashion.

Goosechaser

3. USMC

USMC Elite Refuge Member

Lots of ducks out there! I just couldn't hit the side of barn yard today.:l

4. grappler

grappler Senior Refuge Member

Could not get out today:( but Ill be in the trenches in the A.M.:D :D Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!:sp

5. Alamosa

Alamosa Elite Refuge Member

You know, woulda, shoulda, coulda ...
    Had plenty of opportunities but I keep finding new ways to mess it up.

I didn't completely trust the clock on my pager so I thought I'd just wait for the first shot. I'll never do that again. It seemed pretty light and ducks flying past me left and right. Found out later that the first shot came 15 min late.

Then there was a dead drake that came back to life and escaped and had to be retrieved a second time. That kind of stuff always seems to happen just when they are flying and circling.

Alamosa Refuge does not seem near as good as I remember it in past years. I managed to scratch down 5 in spite of my buffoonery.

6. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

We got by with a single mallard this AM out of a field spread! one of 4 that locked on us with thumbs up our arses 3 guns 1 bird. Not many geese flying at all. PM watched 60 or 70 geese dump in across the road from us and ended that so opening day no geese 1 duck but still a hell of a good time :D

7. EMan

EMan Senior Refuge Member

Had a good opener on the South Platte. We shot and saw more birds then the last two. 10 Mallards and two Gadys between two of us.

8. grappler

grappler Senior Refuge Member

Had a good morning.:D Lots of BIG ducks but couldnt hit sh$t! Should have came home with a limit but only came home with two(Mallard&Woody:) ). Just happy to get out!!!!!!!!!!!:D :nutz

9. FishingFool46456

FishingFool46456 Senior Refuge Member

saturday got two mallards and two greenwings, today got no geese do to complete lack of common sense...oh well geese three feet over the dekes is almost as good as killing them...not quite though..:( :D

10. Wack-a-Mole

Wack-a-Mole Senior Refuge Member

Well, back from Jackson county.... 7 ducks for two guys (drake mal.,gaddies,blue wing, and widgeon.. :D ) The best thing was that my lab ran out and retrieved them all!!!! GOOD DOG! I also took a buddy of mine that had never hunted ducks before, he got three. Needless to say he's hooked!

Oh yea.... I had to donate $75 bucks to the Wyoming State Patrol for trying to get out of their state too fast :mad: !! Oh well, the weekend was good any way!!