Results so far???

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Waterproof, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Senior Refuge Member

robbob,

It's really just the area around Boulder. most people call it the "republic of Boulder" little bit of California surrounded by sanity. :nutz

2. Shoot'em UP

Shoot'em UP Senior Refuge Member

I think 4thwind is right Robbob. I moved out here 2 years ago, and had some of those same concerns, but haven't yet ran into an Anti (but I haven't hunter around Boulder).

3. workhorse

workhorse Senior Refuge Member

Another good weekend on public land around Sterling!!! My buddy took 5 mallards on Saturday. I got in with another friend Saturday night, and the three of us bagged 10 on sunday, 5 mallards, 3 teal, 2 widgeon. We added 3 more mallards on Monday, but shot real poor. No hunting pressure what soever. We saw 2 other hunters in 3 days!!

4. FishingFool46456

FishingFool46456 Senior Refuge Member

now there will be some pressure :D ;)

5. choclab25

choclab25 Senior Refuge Member

I had my first hunts out here in CO and they have been new experiences!

I was with the group that had the run in with the anti- and GDB handled it really well. Also missed on all three shots I took. Guess I am not used to the thin mile high air! I do not even think a feather fell outof that flock.

Then hooked up with Grapler and saw one duck while hunting and about 500 on the drive home and in his backyard! Well that is why they call it hunting - at least I got to sit in the great outdoors and hang with some really good people - thanks guys!

Ryan

6. DuckHead84

DuckHead84 Guest

hey workhorse... don't mean to try and take your spots... but whereabouts are you huntin up in sterling??? appreciate the tips... thanks.