Results?????

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Wrestler, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Wrestler

Wrestler Refuge Member

Wow what a great opener! I wish there was still a 5 bird limit. Gooch and I along with 2 other guys limited out in 45 minutes. Birds were everywhere and decoyed great. They were still trying to land while we were picking up dekes. How did everyone else do? I am hoping for the same tomorrow.

2. FishingFool46456

FishingFool46456 Senior Refuge Member

Got skunked, no birds were flying! And any that did headed for the Greeley Parks. Had one goose show interest and the bolted back with the flock. There was not much shooting going on around us at all. Well who knows, maybe it will get better once this weather breaks, but for now its too dangerous to be out on the roads scouting.

3. wooduckman

wooduckman Senior Refuge Member

We saw a crap load of geese...a couple flocks locked up..but nothing was commited to dieing today...

4. GOOSELOVE

GOOSELOVE Senior Refuge Member

FF
    I do agree with your road report. Don't know what its like outside of greeley but in town the streets are like snot on a chrome door knob. I was going to go out this afternoon but not when it this slick in town. Hope all make it back home safe.

Terry

5. FishingFool46456

FishingFool46456 Senior Refuge Member

I just got back from kersey and the roads are not good! But I doubt I will head out that way again unless I had permission for an x field. The birds just didnt get off latham this morning. The last couple weeks we have been in their flyway and there has been a lot of geese out there but EVERYTHING was different today. Doesnt suprise me though.

6. Goochman

Goochman Senior Refuge Member

Opening morning. Scott, Gooch, Wrestler

45 min we were in Santiagos

7. Goochman

Goochman Senior Refuge Member

8. grappler

grappler Senior Refuge Member

Very nice!!!:D Im glad somebody got some action....

9. muckduc

muckduc Refuge Member

2 pits, 6 guys, 18 Geese, 11+ mallards.....What a day.... Birds flying all over.

10. meatcaller

meatcaller Senior Refuge Member

Wow!!! Thought we did good. Congrats. But, how go you get 11"+ "mallards though?Empahsis on the +.:rolleyes:
    Did you loose some? Maybe hit them or simply peppered them? Forgot how many? Not sure if the old identification skills were up to par? You thought you got more, but in reality your buddy took your banded bird and placed it in his pants. :l
    Seriously man, i don't understand.