reverse

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by madduckdog, Oct 9, 2007.

1. madduckdog

madduckdog Elite Refuge Member

looking at the mud buddy mini

how much do you miss reverse

Mud Buddy would be a short tail better on my buget.

2. markethunter

markethunter Elite Refuge Member

Not sure what your buget is, but you could probably pick up a used Pro Drive and add reverse later.

Not as big an issue on the smaller rigs as the larger rigs, but a nice feature to have nonetheless. Especially if you are stuck.

We've got some used stuff. And I know most dealers know someone that is looking to upgrade to something bigger, etc.

:tu

3. anotherred

anotherred Senior Refuge Member

I got the mini and don't mind not having the reverse in trade of running a smaller lighter motor. Got by just fine with the longtail, and barely used reverse on the old outboard. For what I do and go the mini does the job well. Heck IF I get stuck with my light boat, I grab the push pole or heavin forbid get my feet wet. Sometimes simple is better.

4. BerettaCrews

BerettaCrews Elite Refuge Member

I love my FPR, and use it all the time. it's really easy to engage.... not exactly pulling a lever, but it takes less than 15 seconds to engage. i can't see owning another motor without it. If all your doing is puzzyfooting around in the boat lanes and taking pictures, it's probably not needed.

5. The Hilljack

The Hilljack Elite Refuge Member

Yep, once you back...you never go back. Something like that. :sp

Go out, run up a creek and get stuck by yourself and you begin to see the genius of reverse. Get stuck several times and back out of it and you become a true believer. Instant reverse would be nice, but I would never own a MM without some sort of reverse.:no :tu

6. Larry D

Larry D Elite Refuge Member

I did not know PD made a mini guys. Please share the info on the new lightweight mini the guy is thinking about getting that PD now makes.

OH-They don't make a mini. Sorry -I misunderstood you SPAM as useful information instead of bull crap.

7. ft.worthlumberjack

ft.worthlumberjack Elite Refuge Member

You must be drinking that cool aid. He asked if reverse was an issue. Those that had reverse commented.

8. rg567

rg567 Senior Refuge Member

Speaking of SPAM... Lets hear your experience with the mini..............or reverse for that matter. Do you even own/run either of them?

As for me, never run the mini but reverse is a great feature that I'd miss if I didn't have it. Its nice to be able to run alone in narrow paths that may or may not have a turn around at the end. The pushpole would work but some of the trails are long and getting out of the boat is not an option as the bottom is silt and you'll be over your waders before you stop sinking. Just my $.02...

9. leaky wader

leaky wader Elite Refuge Member

see'n the outdoors thru the eyes of my girl
    madduckdog, what size hull are you planning on strappin this mm to?

10. BerettaCrews

BerettaCrews Elite Refuge Member

Hey Larry D.... quit being a jackarse. I guess this was probably the part of the question I was refering to. Where did I get confused?

Also.... do me a favor and go look at the title to this thread.