Ribs??? I need help!!

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by Ben, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Ben

Ben Elite Refuge Member

Can someone provide me a good recipe for Ribs?? I prefer the kind with sauce on them, not dry. I have a gas grill and a big pot if needed to boil them. Whats the best way to make them nice and tender?? Beef?? Pork??

I would like to make some for the 4th!

2. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Three ways,

1) Cook the ribs on a smoker for about 3-4 hrs, then finish them on the grill with your favorite sauce. (my favorite)

2) Boil them in your big ol pot till they start getting tender, then finish them on the grill.

3) Brown them on the grill with your favorite sauce, then put them in a baking bag or tightly sealed pan in the oven on 300 for two hours.

Pork is my favorite, but they're both good.! :)

Good luck and Happy Fourth!

3. Ben

Ben Elite Refuge Member

About how long would they need to be boiled for?? I have no idea, and I dont want them tuff.

Whats the difference between beef and pork ribs?? I am sure I have had both, but dont know the difference.

4. BullCook

BullCook Elite Refuge Member

rub 'em heavy in GOOD CAJUN SPICE
    wrap em in foil
    leave em on the grill for 3 hrs at 290 degrees
    openthe foil and cover em in thick sauce and turn the heat to 325 till the sauce dries and is gooie!!

5. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

Ribs are the pork ones. Beef ribs are something leftover in TX.:D

Go for pork. Its much more rewarding for the effort. Costco has good deals on pork ribs. Beef ribs are just browned and roasted. In alot of places its hard to get beef ribs of good quality. (meaty, not real fatty)

6. Sasha and Abby

Sasha and Abby Elite Refuge Member

Bull,

I have mine rubbed down and resting in the fridge until Monday!!! I will try your way. Thanks,

7. GO REBS

GO REBS Elite Refuge Member

I cook em the same way, but take them out of the foil and finish them on the grill with or without sauce.
    Ive done them several hours before hand and left them wrapped in the foil in a cooler. Then finish em on the grill when its time to serve.

GO REBS

8. BullCook

BullCook Elite Refuge Member

Carl if they don't turn out great, grab a few racks and come down here from Cola and I'll give free lessons:yes :clap

9. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

If you boil them you might as well serve Meat loaf! Rub them with dry rub--frig for 3-4 hrs-
    cook them dry with indirect heat- baste every 30 min or so--till almost done- then add a bit of sauce and finish--foil will steam them nice and make a nice Wisc type restaurant mess.

10. Millrat

Millrat Moderator Moderator

I boil mine with LOTS of spices until the meat slips up the bone. Drain and refrigerate over night. The next day I'll finish on a hot grill with smoking wood chips and sauce. Put em on the grill cold from the fridge. Don't sauce them till the last ten minutes or so or the sugars in the sauce will burn. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my ribs. People would not believe I had boiled them first! Good luck!