Ribs??? I need help!!

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by Ben, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Rebelyeller

Rebelyeller Elite Refuge Member

Amen!!

2. BIG BANG

BIG BANG Elite Refuge Member

Just add two or three cans of Pepsi or Diet Pepsi in the water as You boil them and make sure You cover them. Boil an hour or so for pork and 40 minutes for beef. KC masterpiece or Tony Romas sauce with a touch of Franks Red Hot sauce and a little extra honey to make um sticky!!Put on a HOT grill for just a few minutes!! UUUUUUUMMMMMM;)

3. woundedduck

woundedduck New Member

4. Jimbob

Jimbob Elite Refuge Member

Then don't try it.

5. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Gotta go with wounded duck--Ribs ain't kids stuff and boiling them makes me think of too many lousy restaurants in my area who purportedly serve BBQ ribs when all the sell is boiled meat.
    Funny thing --several folks have talked about removing membrane from ribs and i have seen it done at many BBQ contests BUT last week on travel channel they highlighted BBQ in NC,MO(KC),TX,and TN-I din't remember all the restaurants but Neeley's, Porkey's, Corkey's,and the place where they have KC Masterpiece etc and NOT one had removed the membrane when they showed cooks turning or serving ribs- guess it takes too much time on a daily basis but is ok for a few ribs in a contest??

6. Jimbob

Jimbob Elite Refuge Member

Far as I'm concerned, the membrane is a non-issue. If you slow cook the ribs, it practically dissolves, anyway. I think the removal thing came from competition cooking, where, as we are all aware, the taste of the product is only a very small part of the competition (just as someone blowing a duck call as competition callers do will never see a feather, much less a duck).

7. MOLabs

MOLabs Senior Refuge Member

Had ribs at a hospitality tent at the American Royal bbq in KC, they had the membrane on them. Even though they weren't for the competition, I was shocked since we were at the biggest bbq contest in the country. Almost ruins the ribs for me!

8. wapanocca

wapanocca Senior Refuge Member

You must have misunderstood what they were trying to make...it's called soup !!

9. geese4u

geese4u Elite Refuge Member

They should use other parts of the pig for soup if that's what they want. I would recommend a couple of smoked ham hocks for that.