Rix out Walker in

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Migillicutty, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g8rvet

g8rvet Guest

Was there more than one? Oh, you mean Freshman. Anyways, was he there all year? Oh so you are talking about the what, 2 games he started?

Sure, why wouldn't he? Bobby gave him a chance and he owes him for that. So you honestly believe there was no let off in play calling when Richt left? Really? You are the only Seminole I have met who has said that. Do you believe that Cat?

That is ONE valid way to coach. Another is to sling it all over the field and try to score more than the other team. Another way to win games is to score more points than the other team. :l

2. Migillicutty

Migillicutty Refuge Member

OK I see now I have to sit and proof read all my posts and check for typos and spelling errors on a forum page or my arguments aren't valid. Talk about immature.

Rix was a freshman when richt left. That would have been last season. Jeeze you guys really are slow on the uptake. G8rvet the play calling changed yes and it got more conservative. I don't consider that a let off. I think that was fixed anyhow in the gator game when JB went to the box. We will see against UGA or maybe we won't. You see sometimes coaches have to call plays according to what the kids can handle. And yes slinging the ball all over the field can work or it can lead to more turnovers making it difficult on a young D. And you say I don't know about football. :l

3. bbb

bbb Senior Refuge Member

Here is the philosophy of a Gator fan and why they are pulling for Georgia. They are going to use part of the BCS to "prove" Florida is the better team.

Florida beat Georgia. Florida lost to Florida State. If Georgia, the team that lost to Florida, beats Florida State, this will then mean that Florida is better than both teams.

They will then forget all about the butt whooping they took in Doak.

4. Migillicutty

Migillicutty Refuge Member

:D :h :)

5. wildcat

wildcat Senior Refuge Member

I dont think the strategey was neccesarily to keep our defense off the field.

Anytime you keep the other teams offense off the field though its a good thing.

But in any coaching situation you use what you have.

At the begining of the year we didnt have a confident enough quarterback to be slinging the ball all over the field like in the days of old.

We did have a strong backfield and one of the best O-lines in the country. So naturally we would utilize those players.

Instead of passing to set up the run, like we did in the past, we are now running to set up the pass. Unfortunetly that isnt working out the best for us.

Still I feel that many of the weapons we have are not being utilized. Boldin needs to be put into more situations where he gets the ball in clutch situations or trick plays.

Play calling has definetly become much more conservative since jeff took over. But hopefully bobby will wake up and make a permanent correction in that department.

When our quarterback situation gets straighted out then you will see the noles turn around very quickly. Remember, weinke wasnt that great his sophmore year and he was 25 years old!! :eek:

Rix still has some growing up to do. He is only 19 and isnt maturing as fast as they would have liked him to. Unfortunetly he got thrown into the starting role as a freshman and that ruins many quarterbacks.

6. go dev

go dev Guest

All these Georgia "fans" need to settle down and act like they have been to a BCS game before.

7. bbb

bbb Senior Refuge Member

8. RutnNStrutn

RutnNStrutn Senior Refuge Member

Hardly doofus. I believe it was me that stated, more than once, that on any Saturday, any team can win. Louisville proved that. So did Ole Miss. You never know.

I am pulling for Georgia because..............
    1) I hate FSWho? and Bobby Phony
    2) A FSWho? win will give the Seminoles even more of a recruiting advantage. The Gators are going to have their hands full and will be fortunate to knock off the Wolverines. They are a good team and gave Ohio State all they could handle.
    3) I like the SEC.
    4) I want to see Kitty and Migilliterate try to rationalize it if the Criminoles lose.

Go Dawgs!! Go Gators!!:sp :l :D :l :sp

9. g8rvet

g8rvet Guest

I am certainly no Georgia fan, but I pull for all SEC teams in any bowl game. Same for Roundball too.

That so and so beat so and so junk don't work in college football. That is what makes it so much better than the pros. Any team can beat any team on a given day or condition. That's why they play them.

I do think it is very funny and the sign of a weak mind when someone groups ALL Gator fans, ALL Seminole fans or ALL anybody into any category. There are 2 things I hate. Someone who is intolerant of other people and Albanians. (sorry, Austin Powers reference - did anyone else think those movies sucked?)

10. RutnNStrutn

RutnNStrutn Senior Refuge Member

WOOF-WOOF-WOOF!!!!:l :l :l
    What's that Seminoles?? I can't hear you!!! :sp :sp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.