RMC

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by W&W, Mar 16, 2019.

1. W&W

W&W Refuge Member

I've been watching RM Custom Calls website for about 2 years now. I've ordered 2 prebuilt cold weather fans, and I really like the calls. I would like to go about getting a custom call, however, I have yet to visit the website and not see "custom books are open." Ive only ever seen "custom books are closed." I check every day. Sometimes a few times a day. Is the window really that short to get in a custom order? Or is there a custom call hiatus?

2. Wiscoduckhunt

Wiscoduckhunt Senior Refuge Member

I am sure the man himself will be along shortly but yes the windows lately to get in custom books are very very short.

I got one made back when he would take orders but was on several
    Months long back log. I have never caught an opening of the books since.

3. frozen okie

frozen okie Senior Refuge Member

Ya they fill up that fast , but they haven’t opened in awhile so you ain’t missed it yet

4. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

No opening yet,you will know it though. The earth will shift on its axis. :yes

5. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I hope it’s sooner than later. All I want is a wood GD3 and everyone I’ve talked to won’t let one go for under 500. Crazy stupid.

6. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Ive hunted a ABW GD3 and a cnc'd 3 three seasons now,love them both.
    Stump mentioned the reason for dropping the 3 from the lineup,not much love for it.:scratch
    I really like the looseness of the 3.

7. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

They are pure duck. The CNC 3 I have sounds like a raunchy old hen.

8. W&W

W&W Refuge Member

Maybe I'll just treat myself to a GD to appease me for the time being. What is different about the new GDs?

9. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

I think I have been watching for 2 years and seen it open once haha. They are awesome calls and in very high demand. I have a handful of his CNC calls and I'm fine with them since I'll probably never hit the lottery on getting a custom call and I can't afford them on the aftermarket.

10. Smirk

Smirk Senior Refuge Member

I'm a Golddigger fan. Have a GD3 and love it. When it comes to duck calls if you have one you are comfortable with and is ducky, why change to another call? I've read the web site but for those of you that have a CWF and Alpha, what is the difference really? I had a CWF and thought it rattled too much and had trouble getting the reed cut to a length I was comfortable blowing so I never got it right. The Alpha much different? Maybe just stay with my GD3 and Daisy Cutters and Echo XLT

California Flyway likes this.