Road Trip for Petra!

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by dakndug, Oct 7, 2009.

1. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Well ladies, it's almost that time. We leave saturday for a little drive with a final destination of Manitoba. Taking my pup, and we'll see how she does. I am pretty excited but trying not to have high expectations. She's 7 months now and my hope is to just have fun with her and let her instincts take over. She's been doing really well in training so we'll see how she does at the real thing. It'll be all fun and no pressure, I'm really looking forward to this. Hope ya'll have good seasons and be safe! I'll have tons of pics when I get back!

Doug

[​IMG]

2. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

WOW! Is that the cute little pup you posted at about 7 weeks old? she turner out very cute. Times flies when they are so young. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy every point and flush she gives you. Heading up north this weekend for duck hunting and can't wait. I have 1 drake woodie in the bag so far this year hoping to hit the mallards this weekend. Be safe out there and good luck.:tu

3. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

Good luck w/ your puppy, she's a cutie! Keep it simple and fun.

Good get em!

4. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Yep that's the same pup from the 7 week pics! They grow up fast. This trip for me is all for the dog, happy and fun, and no stress for her. We'll be chasing ducks, geese, sharptails and hungarian partridge. Not sure there will be any pheasant but thats ok. I think by the end of the week she'll have a pretty good idea of how this waterfowl thing works, how fun it is, and that she can't catch them wild birds! :) Hoping for a no stress learning experience for her for sure. Thanks for the wishes and good luck to ya'll.

Doug

5. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Doug.....I hope you have a really great trip. Have fun with the pup, and I'm betting she has a ball. Getting the chance to do some upland and waterfowl hunting will really be a great experience for her.....enjoy. :tu

6. Potlicker

Potlicker Senior Refuge Member

Ditto to Lame Duck!!!!!!!