Roll Call!!!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by duckster, Feb 27, 2001.

1. DPS

DPS Guest

I've been callin these birds for 20 yrs. now and it never gets old. Now I look forward to taking my little boy someday. He is almost 2 and he is already blowing a duck call and playing with a box call.

2. Dudshot

Dudshot Guest

I'm Leland Keith from west central Illinois and have hunted turkeys a little in the past, killed one, but in 26 days and a wake up I'm retired after 28 years in law enforcement and intend to become a semi-professional turkey hunter. My duck club has lots of em so I'm gonna try my best. Got lot's of calls so how can I go wrong?
    Leland

3. ACC/Boykin

ACC/Boykin Elite Refuge Member

dudshot. Best wishes on your Retirement and your Turkey Hunting career. Also Good Luck
    on your start this Spring.
    Boykin!!!

4. Joey O

Joey O Senior Refuge Member

Shot my first turkey on my first hunt in 85' I thought it was easy,,,Man was I wrong. The turkey gods taught me about paying dues for the next 4 seasons.Something really cool about hunting turkeys in the morning & then fishing in the afternoon,,,,especially on those days when you bag a bird!

5. chessy man

chessy man Senior Refuge Member

My Name is Jeff Kenney. I have been hunting tukeys for only Three years. I got real close the last two years with my bow. So this year I am going to get one with the shotgun first then go after them with the bow.

[ 03-29-2001: Message edited by: chessy man ]

6. Banded

Banded Guest

My name is Chris Riddle. I now live in NC but lived in VA for the first 27 years of my life.
    Been hunting turkeys since I was 15. Only one thing better than turkey huntin and that's duck huntin.
    Anyone that lives in VA or close to it and wants to go on a hunt let me know and we'll see what we can cook up.

------------------
    Beretta put the "best" to rest

7. Blackhawk357

Blackhawk357 Senior Refuge Member

Blackhawk357 here, I'm a cattle rancher in eastern Montana. Merriam's and Mule Deer is what we have the most of. Although we see plenty of Antelope, Pheasant, Sharptial Grouse, and Canada Geese as well. Just got access to a scanner and have been trying to upload some of my pic's to photopoint, take a look if you like.
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1534293

hope the link works.

Happy Hunting,
    Blackhawk

8. oldsquaw

oldsquaw Elite Refuge Member

i got my first turkey last year. took two years to get one but i hooked now. still doesnt isnt better than duck and goose hunting, but then again what is?

9. Burm

Burm Senior Refuge Member

My name is Brian and yes.... I'm addicted to turkey hunting....

Live in Cedar Rapids, IA now. Shot my first bird in Southern WI while living there. Gave it up due to some silly plan like going to college and trying to get good grades, then moved to Cedar Rapids after. Last year got into it again and my friend called in a nice tom first season that for me, and then I called in my own bird two weeks later. THAT I will NEVER FORGET!!! A 22 pounder with 2 beards, 10.5" and 5". Been living in a haze of gobbles, beards, and spurs ever since.

It's almost here!!!!

--Burm

10. OldHunter

OldHunter Senior Refuge Member

Been hunting turkeys seriously since 1978. I hunt Pheasants, quail, ducks & geese also but have to say I get the most enjoyment out of chasing old Tom. Just bought a new vest and some new clothes and I'm ready to go.