roll on bedliner...

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by negooseman, Oct 24, 2014.

1. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Looking to use the roll on bedliner stuff to do my rocker panels and along the bottom 10" or so of the bed/wheel wells. Looking for brands that you've used and the pros/cons of each brand.

2. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

Personally I would pay someone to do a spray on application if you want it to last very long.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Yes, and no.

If you do it right, with the right materials, it can last a long time. I just sold my Zuk, which I applied a marine grade boat dock liner from tailgate to firewall, over 14 years ago. No, and I mean NO wear, even on the drivers floorboard. I don't remember what it was called, but it was tough. No peeling, flaking, nothing.

I sanded everything down, not quite to bare metal, and cleaned it with Xyloene (sp), then rolled/brushed it on.

So, that was the 'no' part. The yes part was, that was a LOT of work, and most people won't spend the time, and take shortcuts. Those jobs don't last. My new ride looks like it has a professionally applied liner, and it looks great. Could be a DIY job, but I doubt it. Crisp lines, and very thick.