roller coaster season

Discussion in 'New England Flyway Forum' started by Bob Johnson, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

2013-06-08_15-39-54_235.jpg
    the old layout was a center console...great for fishing, but terrible for duck hunting

20170117_160908_001.jpg some success and some failures. hunted the housy pretty well early and when I finally when to the coast I had mixed success. few if any puddlers moving....saw few bluebills where I went, but saw big flocks of golden eyes. but when busted, never came back.... didn't get a lot of hunts because I was working on the new boat rig, blind and all... came out great and am very happy...biggest upside other than the boat-blind was an 8 band week last week....2 stainless steel brant bands( my first SS bands) and 6 goose bands. 5 in one day!!! destroyed a trailer axle and hub....but ill be back out by the weekend. I got lenco activated trim cylinders mounted on my flotation pods, so I can pull them out out of the way when running, and drive them down under water when in the shallows to help keep the prop off the bottom! didn't get any widgeon, or gadwalls this season in ct! did take 2 days on the finger lakes for a redhead show that needs to be seen to believed!! 20170116_143237.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. Bob Johnson

20170116_142811.jpg sized.jpg

3. Bob Johnson

View My Video

I cut the pods off that were welded on to the transom and welded on hinges and then mounted all electric lenco actuators...works like a charm. the electric lencos will hold the weight when standing on them!!!, so I can still get in and out of the boat on the pods! I also welded a 1/4" slab of aluminum on both sides of the transom to beef it up for the 150 hp. it took me 3 weeks to sew that blind...that was complicated! and time consuming on and off and on and off again.. fitting.... I welded the frame in place with it is attached to the boat my rivets...so it can come off later in the spring

View My Video

Mr.Bones likes this.
  4. Major Woods

Major Woods Elite Refuge Member

5. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

You certainly have skill!

6. Fetchitupup

Fetchitupup Senior Refuge Member

Nice job there on both the birds and the boat.