Ron Paul!!

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by zoltarhunter, Dec 21, 2011.

1. zoltarhunter

zoltarhunter Refuge Member

What does everyone think of the new front runner in the Iowa Caucus??
    The man who want to end the fed.
    Increase personal freedom?
    Balance the budget.
    Cut spending by a trillion dollars in the first year.
    Decrease the power of the Federal government and give states an local government more control.
    He has never voted to increase taxes.
    I could go on and on. Many people have difficult listening to hi s foreign policy. This actually where I think he makes the most sense if you listen to what he says and look at what history has taught us. Our soldiers actually think he makes a lot a sense too because he has received more money from our U.S. service men and women then any of the other candidates. If you are unsure of his foreign policy google Ron Paul blow back (CIA term) or watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldgbOxDX6DE.

2. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

I'm a 'soldier', and RP is a misguided, naive, fool, when it comes to anything outside of hotbutton topics to get elected.....he's also NOT truly a conservative OR constitutionalist, but a liberal in many ways, living as a Libertarian who masquerades as a Republican to get votes he can't get otherwise. Sure, I know he says a lot of stuff that even I want to hear, but he's Erkel in a new suit. He's the only Republican candidate that I feel I cannot instinctively trust even a little bit.....the rest at least have ties to conservatism in some form or another.:nutz

While much of my opinion is based on past RP BS, much of it is also that the fool just gives me the willies as a human being.

3. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

5. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

I wonder where his votes would go today.

6. pintail2222

The "ONLY" Republican candidate that you can't trust?

Policy "flip floppers" like Romney, Gingrich & Perry don't come to mind?

Romney on Gun Control?

Gingrich on Government Mandated Health Care?

Perry on Climate Change?

Gingrich said that the greatest President of our modern era is FDR! FDR? Ronald Reagan didn't come to mind, Newt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bob-cehwZGM

I don't trust any of them. And neither should you. They all have histories and voting records that have been documented where they stand on the issues.

7. pintail2222

Well - just look at the candidates who have moved up in the polls over the past two weeks since Herman Cain suspended his candidacy.

8. zoltarhunter

zoltarhunter Refuge Member

Almodux,
    You are saying that you can't trust him???? He is the only candidate who hasn't changed his position through his political career. So, at least with this fool you'll know exactly what you'll get when he is in office. Everyone knows he is a Libertarian, he says it and is proud of it. Libertarian is just "the philosophy that holds individual liberty as the as the basic moral principal of society". So, in that sense Washington, Jefferson and all of our founding fathers would have been grouped in this category. I would much rather get a libertarian then Newt or Romney arguably the least conservative of them all when you look at the legislation they have enacted while in power as speaker and as governor. Saying that he is not a constitutionalists is a flat out lie and I'd like you to take it out of that post because it is just not true at all look at his voting record and listen to his speeches before congress before you go making those blanket statements. I would like to know what issues you disagree with him??

9. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

I disagree with voting for him beyond the primaries because he can't win.

I disagree with him on policies because for one, it's not 1790 and one can't undo or ignore 200 yrs of history, right on an issue or not. For another, he could get us all killed. Third, he and his disciples (I have yet to encounter a supporter that doesn't fit the description) seem fine with being 'practical' regarding a 'vote against pork and then take every penny one can get once it's doled out' policy, but calls by others for being realistic regarding other issues are met with the usual outrage.

10. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

True, today 27.5% of Iowans polled "say" they'll back Ron Paul and 72.5% say they prefer someone else. First, it's a poll... Second, Iowa's 3 million folks are less than 1% of the US total population. Third, no matter which party involved, there's no way Paul can attract enough votes to defeat Obama. It's not about whether Paul is right or not. It's about whether 50%+1 will buy into his program. I'd say the answer to that is NO. "Front runner" is right. Now, is Paul a finisher?