Ronald Trump

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by KENNEDY63, Jan 12, 2018.

1. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

Can't take credit - but I like this. Actually written by Harold Hamilton of the Minnesota Watchdog:

RONALD TRUMP

Quote of the Week: “Reagan is an amiable dunce.”

• House Speaker Tip O’Neill
    If you were alive and paying attention to politics in the 1980s, you would think there’s a time warp spinning about us the past year.

You would think we’ve been transported back the 1980s and the Reagan administration.
    President Trump’s treatment at the hands of the media and the Left is the exact playbook they threw at Reagan during his time in the White House.

This is more than similarity or parallel. This is an eerie carbon copy.

Reagan was derided as a slacker who didn’t understand the weight of the presidency.

He came to the office late and was in pajamas by 6PM.

Trump spends hours watching television, eating junk food, and talking on the phone to friends, much like a teenage boy.

Reagan was a dangerous commander-in-chief who would end the world through a nuclear exchange with the Soviet Union. He can’t be trusted with nukes!

Similarly, Trump is dangerous and will get America into war with North Korea, setting the whole peninsula on fire.

Reagan was an “amiable dunce” who lacked the ability to grasp important public policy concepts.

Trump may be successful and an Ivy League graduate, but is nonetheless of mediocre intelligence. His daddy set him up for success.

Reagan’s mental fitness must be questioned. He’s old and forgetful.

Trump’s mental fitness must be questioned. He says whatever is on his mind and lacks political correctness.

In short, Trump, like Reagan, is the subject of vitriol and downright hatred from the media and their allies on the Left.

Why is that?

First, both were/are bold presidents who were more than caretakers of the country and their party.

Both had/have a vision for their party and their country different from the status quo.

Reagan built a Republican coalition of defense hawks, social conservatives, and small government advocates that expanded what Barry Goldwater started in the 1960s.

Trump is building a similar coalition, with more emphasis on blue collar voters that is reminiscent of the “Reagan Democrats” of 30-plus years ago.

Both took over the White House after a democrat president and immediately got to work reversing the work of those predecessors, angering those who benefitted from the previous administration.

Reagan worked hard to rebuild the military, cut taxes, and reverse the economic “malaise” of the Carter presidency.

Trump has worked to reverse Obamacare, Obama’s overregulation of corporate America, and the hollowing out of our military.

Perhaps most importantly, both Reagan and Trump had/have an unshakable belief in American Exceptionalism that lies at the heart of their governing philosophy.

Reagan’s “morning in America” and Trump’s “make America great again” differ in detail but both are based on the bedrock belief that America is a unique and special country, destined for greatness by Divine Providence.

Liberals hate American Exceptionalism, instead seeing America as a rapacious and destructive country, obligated to forever atone for a variety of cardinal sins against other nations and cultures.

Far from being exceptional, America is just another piggy colonial empire, in their thinking.

That is the heart of the very deep partisan divide in America today.

One camp hates America and thinks the country is bad.

The other camp sees America as an exceptional nation steeped in greatness.

Is Donald Trump Ronald Reagan?

Only history can render that verdict some years from now.

In the meantime, we will enjoy tax cuts, a shrinking federal work force, and a president who believes in America.

2. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

We'll find out in 2020 if Trump wins 49 states.

3. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

My guess is he won't run. The Gipper was a bit "smoother" around the edges as well......:l

4. The_Duck_Master

Top understatement of 2018 so far.

This is one of those comparisons that doesn't burnish Trump as much as it tarnishes Reagan.

wispete and stump like this.
  5. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Donald Maximus!!!

6. The_Duck_Master

Gluteous Maximus!

wispete and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I hope he wins all 57!

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Liberals hate America because they hate themselves and hating America makes them feel morally superior.

Most are weak and cowardly and look to the government to insure their pathetic lives.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Reagan was tough but had class. Sort of like Bear Bryant or Tom Landry.

What we have in Trump is a street brawling Queens Real estate tycoon.

But as Kennedy mentioned both have reinvigorated Anerica with pride. The team colors for Reagan...the gang colors for Trump.

I hope Trump doesn't run again. He's served his purpose to stop Hillary...get Justice Gorsuch on the court and kept the economy going.

I like Trump but I wouldn't want to have him as a brother-in-law.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  10. The_Duck_Master

What I see is that they don't hate America, just conservatives.

I have liberal friends and acquaintances that either hate religion and are therefore opposed to the party that accepts God in their platform or they believe religion demands social justice and that government should be used to accomplish that goal. There are also folks that blame big business for their lack of income and want the government to make up for it. They aren't weak or cowardly, they just tend to blame others for their problems.