Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Saban?

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by tenn-riverhunter, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenn-riverhunter

tenn-riverhunter Elite Refuge Member

Seems to be in his hands after the NFL season on the 31st..

2. duckmeister

duckmeister Elite Refuge Member

Are we to take this as the gospel considering all of the Nostradamus like predictions you have laid down over the past month? :l

3. Sprig Seeker

Sprig Seeker Senior Refuge Member

Yeah.. that seems to be the course we're on. So whata we do if Jan 5th rolls around and Saban says... "no thanks"

We've pi$$ed away another 3 wks... got no recruiting done... probably lost half the ones we've got committed.

Then if he does come... I put the over/under on him bailing out to another college job (like Mich if Lloyd Carr stays Jim Tressel's b!tch) or back to the NFL at 3.5 yrs. He's been a job-shopping mercenary his whole career.

But he is a dang good coach too. :tu

4. M.W.P

M.W.P Elite Refuge Member

After RR turned us down, I think it became evident that we would go into shutdown mode till after the New Year. The reason I say this is if we are targeting a high profile college coach that is any kind of a decent prospect, he is probably getting ready for a bowl game. We would be slightly overstepping our boundaries if anything became public now. Same goes for the League. They don't wrap up till then as well.

I have a gut feel with the Saban rumors is where there is smoke there is a fire. It's all going to hit the fan when the NFL season ends. If he isn't named the HC about the same time as Florida and OSU get it on, I think we will be going to Plan B.

The sad thng is that no news in this situatiuon=crisis.

Also on the recruitng, the powers at be at Bama are more concerned with the coaching search this year than the recruiting class. We are signing a low number anyway. Plus, if Saban does indeed come, you can bet our signing class will be decent.

5. GA_LAB

GA_LAB Elite Refuge Member

Listening to a talk radio sports how here in Atl the other day. Host mentioned a true dark horse, but one that made sense to me. Rick Nueheisel, used to coach Colorado and Washington. Was cleared of any wrong doing by the NCAA and has lots of AL connections. Also has a very good winning percentage in a major college location. Think he is currently an assistant at Baltimore and talks daily with Ozzie Newsome

6. bozeman

bozeman Elite Refuge Member

I heard Bill Curry was coming back.:confused:

Bozeman

:dv :dv :dv

7. banana0721

banana0721 Refuge Member

I think Bama needs to offer Saban the checkbook - make him the highest paid coach in college football - I think Stoops is the highest paid right now. As far as him leaving, any hot commodity is going to be pursued by other folks. Longevity is hard thing to come by not only in college football coaching, but in a normal man's everyday job. Saban could hire Fisher as his OC and when and if Saban moves on, you've got your next coach waiting in the wings. If Saban were to come with the talent at Bama, I think he would win 10 games his FIRST year since they play 13 games. He woul dhave BAMA back at the top of the West in no time. Just my .02.

8. Bamawebfoot

Bamawebfoot Moderator

Tennessee River and the Mississippi Delta
    Who cares, we will all know when the all seeing wise one known as "Mal Stupido the Magnificent" tells us.:rolleyes: So go kill something and worry about it when it happens.:nutz

9. gvillelord

gvillelord Senior Refuge Member

I'm sure of it!! Because, at Bammer, winning is a birthright!! Heck, he'd probably win 14 games out of 13 since he's going to perform miracles just short of J.C.

STEP AWAY FROM THE KOOL-AID TROUGH :dv :dv

10. dixielabs

dixielabs Elite Refuge Member

DELUSIONAL:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.