Sad day

Discussion in 'Indiana Flyway Forum' started by K Kalls, Feb 6, 2017.

1. K Kalls

K Kalls Senior Refuge Member

On Friday the third was a sad day for the wife and I. I lost my hunting buddy Dixie Rose. She was 11 years old. You have a bond with a Lab not like other hunting dogs. Growing up I had coonhounds Bird dogs. Sharing a blind with your waterdog is so different.

Attached Files:

Big Ches likes this.
  2. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Sorry for your loss,you are so right Labs are closer than kids in some ways.They will wait hours for that retrieve and sometimes do things that no dog should have to. My advice would be to get a new one,I did last year and she has been great.

3. Tim Andrews

Tim Andrews Senior Refuge Member

Sorry to hear that Kyle, I put my oldest girl (Bella) down last fall and it still hurts however her replacement (Jessie) has stepped up to the plate and done a fine job.
    I know you will find a new pup and the two of you will have great times together.

4. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

It definitely stings, nothing like a good lab. The hurt will eventually turn into smiles of the memories you shared together. My 3rd will turn 8 next season, hard to believe. I can tell you from my experience, they are all special in their own way. In time you will be ready for your next dog.

R.I.P. Dixie Rose

5. Shot Caller

Shot Caller Senior Refuge Member

Sorry for your loss. I to had coon hounds growing up and understand where your coming from. It's just different, hard to explain.

6. BadBowtie

BadBowtie Elite Refuge Member

Sorry to hear about your dog.

7. Capt Mike

Capt Mike New Member

Sorry for your loss. I had to put my 8yo lab done this past April due to a very aggressive cancer. It's just like losing a family member.