Big Game Hunting Forum Sponsors

Safe hearing act

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by cholt, Feb 9, 2017.

1. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Yes, I am looking forward to it passing... finally... because I'd
    like to buy a couple without all of the hassle... AND, because so many Liberals will have aneurysms over it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

I know anyone can build them just wonder if you still have to deal with all the wait time. From what I have heard you still pay the 200 for tax stamp but of coarse you don't have to worry about spending the 1000 on the can its self. Been looking at the forms thinking about filling them out and sending them in. The problem I have is trying to find someone that has done this before to talk to really don't want the atf nocking on my door for a screw up lol.

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Depends on the caliber of what you are shooting. Large hunting rifle, yeah, I agree. I have a friend that has one on his .22 rifle and it was very impressive. You could hear the "click" when he pulled the trigger and the firing pin released and struck the shell, and the "thump" when the bullet hit the target - that was it.

4. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

cholt, I have not gone through the process, but I can tell you that you have to have that $200 tax stamp and the paperwork in hand BEFORE you build a suppressor or you'll be illegal and liable for an unreasonable amount of trouble should the ATF look you up. Just call some place like Silencerco and they'll walk you through it.

5. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

I'm actually in the process got all paperwork filled out just got to run down to sheriffs dept and get it signed off and have my finger prints talked and send it all in a buddy of mine has been doing some research on them trying to find the best ones about all we have now are measurements on paper for now waiting on all the stuff to be accepted and get my stamp before I start playing with the lay probably end up going thru some metal before I get it right. Anyways I'm sure it can be built because if you look on YouTube at some of the people making them looks like a good calculator can solve a lot of the issues