Sanctity of Marriage

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

The Bible tells us the truth about marriage. Man and woman. It goes right up there with all the other opposites. Day/night, beginning/end, light/darkness, good/evil etc. I can go on but you see the point. God made marriage holy between a man and woman and sanctified it. Holiness is the opposite of sin. When two opposite sinners are joined together by marriage it exposes sin because of the holiness of the Union. If things are made the "same" it goes against the nature of God. Sin is not exposed. My wife exposes the sin in my life. It is for me to change. Example. Apathy is a sin. If I do not think our marriage is worth fighting for I go the Word and I see a marriage that someone died for. Jesus Christ and his bride the Church. In a world that wants instant pleasure it is no surprise of the mess we are about to experience.

2. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Ever notice how many hetero/churchy marriages end in divorce?

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

While I could care less who anyone marries (it ain't my bidness to tell you who you live in misery with), same-sex divorce rates are on par with hetero rates.

I hate to cite Wikipedia on this, but it seems to be across the board, and in line with other references.

My response is in regards to spaightlabs comment on hetero marriages ending in divorce.

4. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

I can call my Ford a Mercedes. It will never be a Mercedes.

You can call a " union" between two people of the same sex "marriage". It will never be a marriage.

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

That's constantly thrown out there, but I have yet to see how divorce rates have anything to do with what a marriage is? :scratch

6. H2OFOWL

H2OFOWL Elite Refuge Member

Always funny how you Christians think you get to define what marriage is under the laws of this country. The facts were that people were being denied rights unfairly regardless what god they did or did not believe in....IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR BOOK OF MORALITY TAILS. It has everything to do with people treated fairly under the laws of our country. WE DO NOT LIVE IN A THEOCRACY....if that's what you want go join ISIS.

7. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

I can have my govt insert itself into a historically religious ceremony/union/covenant and attach all kinds of benefits/recognition/status to it. Such will always be intrusion and will never have any rightful significance regarding said union....even when I demand said govt protect 'traditional marriage', which it never had or will have any just role in whatsoever.

8. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

Ok h2o. Please enlighten us. What exactly is marriage? Where does your definition come from?

Also, please explain exactly what RIGHTS were being denied.

9. onionhead

onionhead Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

That's it. Especially the "whatsoever".

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Please explain why polygamy is illegal? Or incest? Every single argument you can come up with for allowing gay marriage applies equally to those two instances, yet I don't here you screaming for their rights.

Also please explain how anyone is being denied any rights? As it stood any man could marry any woman(well almost--see above). No man could marry another man, and no woman could marry another woman. That is exactly what you people say you're screaming for--the law to be applied equally, and it was, yet what in fact you're wanting is another protected class.