Sanctity of Marriage

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Jul 15, 2015.

1. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

:tu:tu:tu

You know, it's kind of ironic that so many christians are so hung up on govt recognizing their marriage as if govt's view of marriage is somehow 'traditional' or scriptural. You can get divorced at the drop of a hat. Folks who have no business getting married can get married, on and on....yep, holding the traditional family unit together, ain't they?:doh

Whatever would we do without govt as our moral beacon?.....hmmm maybe just maybe we'd have church doing what it's supposed to do and govt doing what it's supposed to do....nope, can't have that.:z

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Oh no! The gays are in cahoots with the blacks now?!? :nutz

3. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Just wait until they try to legalize interracial same sex marriage...

4. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

Back to the main point. Sanctity of marriage. It is holy. Playing a game of words we could call any country the United States. If we're only listing things as names then all that matters is who's face is on the dollar bill. The concern I have is those that believe the lie that a gay Union is a marriage. It leaves a man in his sin. Sin seperates us from God. For someone to say go ahead and keep on stealing because God will forgive everyone is a lie. There is no United States in heaven or any other country for that matter. The United States has been called a Christian nation. At one time it may have been. When anyone proclaimes the name of Jesus and tells him that their action is not sin and I am going to live how I want to live it sounds a lot like rebellion to me. I do have a concern for the man that struggles with the thought of what he is doing is wrong. He is told by our country now that it's not. If some one is reading this and wants to know if God is real pray to him. Ask Him if what you are doing is wrong. Jesus came to save sinners like me and you. I lived as a rebel as well and I have began the journey that any pilgrim of the faith has. He is faithful and just to forgive your sin. We have to turn from it to be made right. The Word became flesh. His word can not be mocked.

5. okie drake

Well said. But I suggest you do some additional investigation as to just who is mocking what.

We are called to live our lives according to scripture. We are not called to try to get govt to infringe on others and make them do so. We are not told to selectively call for our own individual morals to be codified into law. Please consider the difference and seek holiness in your own life and support liberty for others. After all, where better can one freely choose than from a position of liberty?

6. Buffalo Howler

I see your point. My heart is for the younger generation that thinks this nation is under God that's all.

7. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

From something to be holy, it must be for a religious purpose. So I suppose you believe two athiest can not marry and two people from different religions can not marry. When it gets down to it, very few marry for a religious purpose. Most marry because they love each other.

QUOTE=Buffalo Howler;10403799]Back to the main point. Sanctity of marriage. It is holy. Playing a game of words we could call any country the United States. If we're only listing things as names then all that matters is who's face is on the dollar bill. The concern I have is those that believe the lie that a gay Union is a marriage. It leaves a man in his sin. Sin seperates us from God. For someone to say go ahead and keep on stealing because God will forgive everyone is a lie. There is no United States in heaven or any other country for that matter. The United States has been called a Christian nation. At one time it may have been. When anyone proclaimes the name of Jesus and tells him that their action is not sin and I am going to live how I want to live it sounds a lot like rebellion to me. I do have a concern for the man that struggles with the thought of what he is doing is wrong. He is told by our country now that it's not. If some one is reading this and wants to know if God is real pray to him. Ask Him if what you are doing is wrong. Jesus came to save sinners like me and you. I lived as a rebel as well and I have began the journey that any pilgrim of the faith has. He is faithful and just to forgive your sin. We have to turn from it to be made right. The Word became flesh. His word can not be mocked.[/QUOTE]

8. Buffalo Howler

What you are referring to is the difference between a contract and a covenant. Jesus uses the term covenant. There has been days where I find it very difficult to see how I can love my wife. It is then that I hear scripture say that God never loves me any more or less. I am called to be that type of love to my wife. If your really want to get down into the bottom of marital problems it is largely due to the fact that men have become feminine. They expect their wife to have the same role as them. Everything is 50/50. Men are called to be the head of the marriage as Jesus Christ is the head of the church. This means it is my responsibility to love my wife even if she is unloveable at times. Jesus demands this kind of commitment. Now if those two atheist get married and one of them decides they don't love any more what is the result? They can walk their jolly good selves down to the nearest lawer and have it erased. God joined my wife and I together and only by death are we seperated. This is a covenant. Contracts are renegotiated. I love my job but am not married to it.

9. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

There is no specific scripture regarding physical abuse and divorce. I was thinking along the lines of constructive desertion.

10. okie drake

Where your heart is has nothing at all to do with my points and how they directly refute yours, nor are they confined to a particular generation.