Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Saskatchewan Landowner Maps

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Websterfred, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Websterfred

Websterfred New Member

Help a dude out.
    Anyone have a link where we can purchase or download plat maps for the various areas in Saskatchewan?

2. Slick

Slick Senior Refuge Member

The plat maps are available from individual county offices in SK. Not available via the internet I believe. Stop at the respective county office and for a nominal charge you can get the map of the area which in most cases covers a lot of territory. The maps are updated every 2-3 yrs.

3. mink creek drake

mink creek drake Senior Refuge Member

never heard of 'counties' in Saskatchewan. my maps are Rural Municipalities called RM.

4. STUBBLE BUM

STUBBLE BUM Senior Refuge Member

Here's the map with the RM names and numbers. Once you decide on the RM's you wish to hunt just Google the RM's office's contact details and call them to order your map. I've always ordered them ahead of time as I don't want to show up and they're out of them. I replace mine every few years

http://prairiemapping.com/PDF/BDRY MAP JAN 11.pdf

Joseph Otremba likes this.
  5. mink creek drake

thanks Stubble Bum

The RM that I hunt in has a very helpful and courteous staff and recently has been updating their map annually.

Webster, AKA Dude, RM map is not a tell all, because access to many quarters is controlled by who farms it, not who owns it.

6. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Both the landowner and renter can give permission. In the years we have been up there, we have gotten permission to hunt and showed up the next morning to find someone else also has permission.

7. mink creek drake

Ken,

What you described has also happened to me. Once a neighbor showed up to hunt a field that I had permission on. I always defer to locals, wished his crew good luck and left.

One farmer that I asked for permission to hunt handed me a pre prepared map and said this was what he farmed and I had permission on any of it. Most was his ground but some quarters were rented. Problem came when he gave other hunters the same map.

Webster, are you planning your first trip to Saskatchewan??

8. ih2ofowler

ih2ofowler Refuge Member

Had that happen to us. Got permission from the owner, showed up in the morning got set up and another truck rolled in. They got permission from the farmer. We had four guys, they had three, plenty of birds to go around so we invited them to hunt with us. They were great guys, we got along well and ended up hunting with them the next three days and planning on meeting up with them again this year. Lot different up there than down here! Just be courteous and nice and it goes a long ways. Even make some new friends out of the deal

9. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

We have been living by RM maps since we started going up, they work just fine. We learned long ago that you always line up more than one spot per day

10. 870

870 Senior Refuge Member

It is always best to ask the landowner if there is a renter and if so, whether you should also contact him,,, lots of absentee owners on the Canadian prairies,,, so often the best contact is the local renter. You should also ask if anyone else might have been given permission as well. Some farmers (particularly hutterite colonies) are very generous with their permission,,, at any rate that may save an awkward moment or two in the field if you know that to be the case.